new property derivative

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by Nigel Ward, 11th Sep, 2008.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Well-Known Member

New way to buy property | NEWS.com.au

2. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

Hi Nigel,

Interesting concept, not sure if a derivative is such a good idea with so many shortsellers out there already.

St George own part of a fund manager called Ascalon who run Fortuna Funds Management which invests directly into residential property. Fortuna Funds Management - Residential Property Trust of Australia

Cheers,

Dan

PS This is general information and not a recommendation to buy, sell or hold any securities or managed funds.

3. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

In their PDS I don't see how they show the LPT sector as the highest performing sector out of all classes..

4. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

Hi CRC,

Are you referring to Graph 1, page 11 of the PDS?
    http://www.fortunafunds.com.au/Documents/RPTA_PDS.pdf

This graph shows that retail property, listed property, residential property and shares all return an average of over 12% pa. Like I've said in other posts, as long as your invested in growth assets you'll win in the end.

If your referring to Graph 2 on the same page, I would say that the PDS date is 26 September 2006, it would be very interesting to see more up-to-date figures :)

I can't believe there is still a thread about people saying whether shares or property are better. I think both is important for diversification and both can be leveraged 100% (some forum members haven't stumbled across Perpetual Investment Series and Macquarie Protected Loans which can be leveraged to 100% just like a property loan with a 100% LVR). Also think Long Term Capital Management which LVR'd to the max (and messed up!).

I'm hoping that other members will realise this soon.

Cheers,

Dan

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia