New property boom looks imminent with a range of indicators pointing to price growth

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Peter2013, 30th Oct, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

Too early for the rooster to crow isn't it?

2. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

Go on then, get in quick before prices double again ... #fomo-much

3. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

While Sydney is certainly stronger at the moment , There's nothing in the article you quote that I saw suggesting this will be the biggest boom yet . That's pure fantasy on your behalf.

Yep Sydney is improving .

A month ago , my MIL's place went to auction and set an all time record for the number of registered bidders at the agency which is the busiest in it's area in sydney . First bid took out half of them by being around 50 k above any of the over ten pre auction offers . Sold comfortably above reserve and expectations .

But on the sale price , it would have a gross return of 2.82 % and it's in a very affordable area of sydney ( Bankstown ) .

When I was helping out with the DD prior to the sale , talks with agents indicated that pretty well every group was buying EXCEPT INVESTORS . Nones agents are expecting more than a short term recovery .

Maybe they'll be wrong , but with returns of less than 3 % , I don't expect so .

Now other places outside Sydney , Melbourne might be a different story .

Cliff

Cia, JohnPropChat and Sackie like this.