New Member in Syd

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by GreyGoat, 3rd Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. GreyGoat

GreyGoat Member

Hi There all,

I have been a long term reader from the ss days, have from time to time referenced these pages for information that I have needed answers on, also just read these pages for something to do!

I am an Electrician providing services to western Sydney & I have been interested in property since I bought my first unit in western syd at 21yrs old back in 2008, I didn't really buy this with much education on property investment, I mainly bought because I had savings from working since I was about 17 yrs old and had an understanding that property was a good vehicle for wealth creation + receiving a home owners grant, it seemed like a good idea!

Since those days of being a young lad on the town, I have purchased another unit and a PPOR - well actually all of these properties had a time where I resided in them as I didn't specifically purchase for them to be tenanted, initially I purchased them to live in and just didn't sell them when I moved elsewhere.

I am now at a point where I would like to use some of this equity I have built to buy property for pure unemotional investment purposes hence me joining this forum to collaborate and connect with others - to plan my next steps on this journey, which I feel is just at the beginning of something great!

Looking forward!

MS

Gockie and Jess Peletier like this.
  2. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums MS.

You've been off to a good start and have a trade under your belt - perfect. I'm not sure if there's a reason for it, but I find a lot of my tradie clients are some of the most prolific investors.

There's a fair few Sydney investors on here so you should be busy reading up on all of them for a while.

3. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

Hi @GreyGoat MS

Welcome to PC.

Good to see another Western Sydney-sider :)

You would have done well from you Sydney properties over the last few years!

4. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member

Welcome to PC @GreyGoat

having properties in West Sydney in the past few years has put many investors in an excellent equity position ( which include myself). now it a good time to use the equity to expand your portfolio.