New Member - Buying in Brisbane - Any ideas of high growth potential

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ralph Fernandes, 25th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ralph Fernandes

Ralph Fernandes New Member

Hi Guys,
    A bit about me: I am an engineer planning to buy my first investment property in Australia. I have property elsewhere. Looking to buy in potential high growth areas coupled with positive cashflow rent returns over the next 3 years to increase my equity. Any ideas?

Current prospects are Ipswitch, Springfield, Coomera, Pimpana, North lakes, Caboolture. Any suggestions?

2. JacM

JacM VIC Buyer's Agent - Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat Business Member

Hi Ralph

Welcome to the forums :)

You are sensible to have your eye on cashflow as well as growth as opposed to one or the other. Growth is of little use if you cannot afford to hang on for the ride.

We acquire balance property like this all the time for clients. Are you intending to buy the property in your own name, in a trust or in a Self-Managed Super Fund?

3. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

A lot of suburbs around Logan are rising but still below their previous peaks. Yields around 5.5-6.5%. A lot on infrastructure and investment happeninig in the area. Get on the bandwagon son.

Jacob Field and cheekykoon like this.
  4. 733

733 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum - great time to be buying in Brisbane during your acquisition journey

5. Jacob Field

Jacob Field Well-Known Member

Agree but also feel not all Logan is created equal :)

MY picks are Southern area of Logan Central, Kingston outside of the public housing enclaves and then follow the rail south through Logan Lea etc. :)

Renee @ Dilligent - Any tips to types of property/location for which is attracting a high standard of tenants (ie. new families moving to area with good employment etc)?