NSW New Land Release in Sydney- CaddensHill

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by kvellimalai, 24th May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. kvellimalai

kvellimalai Well-Known Member

Attend a new land release event at Caddens Hill this week end and could see the response was not that good and saw less competition compared to other releases (my friend said as he attends many like this).
    Got an allotment but not sure if I should go ahead or drop..

Your recommendations please..

2. virhlpool

virhlpool Well-Known Member

What are the plot sizes and price? How far from the nearest established suburb?

3. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

is that near st marrys / kingswood?

4. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

Is it for investment or PPOR? If it's for PPOR do what you like. If it's for investment I would try and get on the other side of the highway and buy in St Clair or Erskine Park.

Tony Fleming likes this.
  5. Tony Fleming

Tony Fleming Well-Known Member

Yeah it's nestled between them. They've built a new on and off ramp to the M4 as well. I'd love to buy there for PPOR. I don't think investment wise it will be worth it with the current market. The land releases for Jordan Springs East and the adjoining suburb over the next few years will put a lot of vacant land stock on the market as well.

6. Inov8ive

Inov8ive Well-Known Member

The caddens estate has grown quite nicely and is still fairly well priced as new estates go. There is a new off ramp from the m4 being built right near the estate and the Northern Road upgrades are currently happening for Badgerys Creek. The Nepean hospital is undergoing a huge expansion and there are quite a few cranes in Kingswood at the moment with new apartments going in. One of the few Sydney suburbs with a train line, hospital and a university. Still growth happening in this region

7. kvellimalai

kvellimalai Well-Known Member

Hi All,
    Thanks for the comments and suggestions. Sorry for the late response.
    What I would like to know is will it have the capital growth like other Sydney suburbs? Being bit away from the station and a new development growth may be slow (my thoughts).
    Hence I am confused.
    The land size I got is 300SQM and the cost 365K..
    IF i build a house on it it will cost min 450K (two story). The total will be 815k+stamp-duty and legal cost etc.
    Is it a good investment. I always go for old house with land. This is the first time I am thinking off new land release...