New Kitchen bench top quote? Hmm

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by PatsyStone, 18th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. PatsyStone

PatsyStone Well-Known Member

Oak Veneer bench sounds interesting ?

2. PatsyStone

Hi I
    Hi I will check out Cararra. I had a quote for $4,600 for engineered stone.? Remove old bench top . Have a high rise as well.

3. PatsyStone

Thanks
    . Thanks for that. Im not paying anybody a 50% deposit not around here!

4. PatsyStone

Mo
    Move to the Byron Bay area. Very little competition here. Damn hard to find anybody to do anything.

5. PatsyStone

Engineered Stone quote from another company came in at $4.600?
    Removal of old bench top was included.
    Not going with this company either.

6. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Hum, are there any that could to the new benchtop on top of old one? Like these company Engineered Stone Countertops

7. Jamie_

Jamie_ Well-Known Member

$3200 for a laminate top? what a rort.
    Wouldn't be more than $450-$500 in materials for the image you linked.

8. Arms

Arms Active Member

how would you know .from what I saw the materials would be at least $1200 to purchase wholesale .then you have to add profit, removing the old appliances, sink then you would have to template the kitchen because of the angled bench, hope the angle was a true 135 degrees ,if not a custom angle charge would be added to the cost of the top ,then you take the tops ( 2 man job) to site ,refit and silicone joints while matching top surfaces to be level to fit neatly under the existing tiles ,cut holes for hotplate,sink ,fit the raised servery which would need a groove along the bottom ,another charge from the top manufacturers , then silicone the joint between the new top and the tiles .clean area .then put your hand out to be paid . price sounds reasonable to me ,but hey ,what would I know !!

9. Jamie_

Jamie_ Well-Known Member

Maybe materials are more expensive in QLD than WA (good luck with that), looking at the photos, I reckon you would just get it out of a full sheet of laminate (36x15), ($200 - Polytec/Formica/Polyrey), lets say $300 incase you need an extra long half... sheet of 33mm 36x12 - $90, again lets double it to be safe... Like i said, i was gob smacked that someone would charge that much for something when the materials cost is so low.
    Doubt it's a two man job also.

$2500 for labour? that's a rort. They'd most likely pick the top up for $700-$800 from a postformer.

10. Arms

Arms Active Member

the $1200 I quoted would be from a postformer wholesale .you are quoting raw materials with out the factor to fabricate the tops . and from the photos you would need 4 lengths of 3600 x 600 x33 mm particle board for the tops