New kid in town

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Brazy, 20th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Brazy

Brazy Member

Hi Guys

My name is Mark and I'm getting ready to get back into some property deals on return to Australia in January. My wife and I have completed 3 renovations in the past few years, sold 2 and kept 1, and now I'm looking to get into the development side with a small subdivision when we get home.

We are moving to the Sunshine Coast so if you are a local up that way send me a message, it's always nice to have a chat with others interested in property.

Whilst I am looking to do a subdivision first, long term I hope to get into affordable housing developments. Living in Europe for a few months really changes the perspective on how much house we actually need so I'm interested in small, smart house design and alternative construction methods. If this is something that people have experience with I'd love to get in touch as there is only so much you can learn from the internet.

Thanks for reading
    Mark

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Hi and welcome. What was the reason for the trip to Europe? Holiday or work? If holiday I'm interested to know I'm not the only one who decides instead of visiting the colosseum I want to wander in suburbia and check out the way people live elsewhere, what the prices are like etc.

I like the sound of your plans for sensible housing too.

3. Travelbug

Travelbug Well-Known Member

Welcome. I'd love to chat about your Europe adventures too. I'm wanting to spend a few months in Spain and Portugal. We've done a few reno's too. Great way to increase equity fast.
    Might bump into you when we head north for the winter (planning May-Aug in our motorhome). We have been getting rid of A LOT of our possessions. It is amazing how much useless STUFF you have. It feels great ridding yourself of it. We will be living in the motorhome for half the year, travelling elsewhere for the rest.

Cheers,
    Lynne

4. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Gday Mark, welcome aboard.
    There are plenty of people around with development experience to bounce questions off.

5. tomlemke

tomlemke Well-Known Member

Welcome mate where did you live in europe?

6. Brazy

Brazy Member

Hi Wylie,

It is predominantly a holiday but to make it work we have been using workaway as a means of saving money. We work for people 25hrs a week in exchange for food and board, but the experience of living with locals for a couple of weeks at a time is better again. Its great to get off the tourist trail though don't pass up the colosseum and Rome in general, that place is amazing.

7. Brazy

Brazy Member

Hi mate,

We haven't lived anywhere for any great period of time, 3 weeks in Bristol england has been our longest stay. We have had extended stays in Spain, Germany, Belgium, Greece, Ireland and Wales and have just visited a few other countries. We are only over here for 6 months so didn't want to stay in one place too long

8. Brazy

Brazy Member

Hi Lynne,

I haven't been to Portugal but have heard great things, except for the driving. I really enjoyed Spain, tapas is awesome and it's generally nice and warm. Good luck with your travels it sounds exciting

9. tomlemke

tomlemke Well-Known Member

Sounds awesome, i got back from europe around 1 month ago we went to very similar places after living out of a suitcase for 2 months i came home and chucked out 80% of my wardrobe.

bob shovel likes this.
  10. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard brazy... You sound crazy! ;)
    Wouldn't mind travelling Europe with kidlets in van following the work, one day

Nothing like travelling to realise how much "stuff " consumes everyday life!!

11. Travelbug

Travelbug Well-Known Member

We have been getting ready to take off for a year. Half my wardrobe is gone. I need to do another round of throwing though. I have given away, chucked and sold a LOT of household stuff. I've met people living in their motorhome with no other possessions. It feels liberating to declutter. I'm loving it.

tomlemke likes this.
  12. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I like the sound of your trip. We actually did see the colosseum but didn't bother with some of the other "must see" things. Instead we wandered around suburbia and in the process of "getting lost in Rome" we found some amazing things that we both felt were fantastic and not on the tourist trail.

We are planning another trip for 2016 and we will make sure we allow some more time to get lost in a few other places :D.

I know a family who spent a year house swapping, mostly France, but other places too. They had a fantastic time, immersed into different places and living in the house of a local.

Brazy likes this.