New IP or debt recycle?

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Jimmy D, 5th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jimmy D

Jimmy D Well-Known Member

Hi
    We have just sold our PPOR, currently renting until we settle on land then build. Will be building a PPOR including the land for approx. $540k total.

Prior to the sale of the previous PPOR my finances were:

PPOR loan: $250k - Bank A
    Equity loan: $90k - Bank A
    Investment loan $450k - Bank B

IP worth approx $570k
    Old PPOR sold for $465k

Prior to sale of PPOR I had troubles keeping the $90k loan open - long story.

In the end I ended up having to pay out my $90k equity loan with PPOR sale proceeds.

Therefore I have paid $90k off the investment property and will now have to lend another $90k for next PPOR – non deductable interest!

PPOR loan will eventually be approx $420k in total.

I am thinking of getting some advice but wanted if there were any suggestions on here?

Not sure if I should get another IP this year or look at debt recycling (including possible paying IP loan interest with borrowed money).

Any suggestions?

2. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Debt recycling will be slow. Buying another property to sell at a later date may enable you to pay off the PPOR sooner. And you can do both buy and recycle.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia