Entertainment & Music New hobbies in the Corona lockdown period

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Gockie, 6th Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

The French class I enrolled in was cancelled, not enough students. :(

2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Update!
    After spraining my ankle at the end of February, being in a moon boot for weeks and working from home the whole time, my new hobby is running up and down the hill next to my home. I needed it because when I got onto my unicycle to ride around my neighbourhood after recovering from the surgery I found my cardio was shot when going up an insignificant hill.

I also joined Bike North to do some of their bike rides, before Covid you could do some rides as a non member, but now you have to be a member. Anyway, I think the hill running has helped my bike riding, I did a great ride up in the Newcastle region yesterday and I was even passing other Bike North members on the uphills :)

Other than that, my unicycling has really been coming along with the lockdown, doing lots of hopping, I finally got idling, my unicycle mounting has improved, now I think how did I ever think mounting a 20" unicycle was hard? (Tip: learn to freemount a 29" unicycle and then when you get on a 20" it seems to be a piece of cake ;) ). I also found a local lady who also rides, she's about 65 years old... she's an inspiration. :).

Next unicycle I want to buy is a 26"or 27.5" mountain unicycle. I just don't know what size I should get!

I've restarted my aerial tissue classes, that's really good. Upper body strength is coming back.

I've decided to stop playing volleyball and volleyball refereeing right now. To be honest, I never loved refereeing.

I should hopefully be able to restart welding classes. Fingers crossed!

wylie and KateSydney like this.