New here from Sydney

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by OTOT, 23rd Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. OTOT

OTOT New Member

Hello everyone,

My name is Matt, I'm 25 from Sydney, and currently living in the Hills District (with my parents). I have been lurking these forums for a while now and initially wasn't planning on posting anything at all. However, after reaching out to @Taku Ekanayake and having a very informative chat with him, I found myself wanting to network with other people of similar interests and wanting to learn a lot more as my knowledge with property is very limited - so you'll find me asking a lot of questions.

A little about myself, I work full-time in Hospitality as a chef. I enjoy traveling overseas and seeing the world (caught the travel bug), besides that luxury I try to live frugally. I Currently own 2 IP's (1 bed apartment in Sydney & 3 bed house in Melbourne) and looking to purchase the third - however I've hit the serviceability wall for now and I'll be looking to reassess my borrowing capacity at the beginning of the new financial year and evaluating whether I can take action to purchase.

Next step: Looking into purchasing 3rd IP - potentially in Brisbane. Will be researching a lot and asking plenty of questions regarding Brisbane property market - also looking for advice from those who have bought properties interstate (With or without a BA)

Long term goals:
    - Purchase a PPOR & have it fully paid off
    - Achieving 80k passive net income (realistically can comfortably live off 55k-60k - but heck may as well aim big!)
    - Retire in 40's

Looking forward to learning more through the PC community as well as meeting some of you!

Taku Ekanayake and jefn89 like this.
  2. jefn89

jefn89 Well-Known Member

Hey Matt!

Welcome to the community and congrats on all that you've done to date..
    I'm from Sydney as well with similar goals although a bit behind (on 1 IP) with a few other investments although a heck load of travel experiences

If you head along to the next PC chat in Sydney keep to have a chat and a beer :)

3. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member Business Member