New guy from Darwin

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by StueyW, 10th Aug, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. StueyW

StueyW New Member

Hi everyone,

Just signed up, i'm 35, been back in Darwin for 12 years in Electrical Contracting. We Bought our first 2 bed unit in Adelaide (modbury) as our PPR back in 2002, kept it as an IP and purchased 4 bed house in Darwin in 2004. We bought a block and built another 4 bed house in Darwin in 2012 as an investment property.

I'm trying to get some ideas on joint purchasing land with a number of people to try and figure out the best way to approach the idea and see how it can work. However I will make sure I check out the whole forum so I can help to contribute where possible.

Cheers,
    Stuey

2. Foxdan

Foxdan Well-Known Member

Why do you want to purchase land with multiple people?
    And welcome to the forum

3. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Hi Sturt, Welcome!

Buying with others is generally a bad idea, aside from the risk to the relationship should anything turn bad, it can completely ruin your borrowing capacity moving forward.

The only time I would consider this would be if you planned to do a project and sell the lot.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia