new generation boarding construction funding

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by hhd88b, 14th Nov, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. hhd88b

hhd88b Active Member

Hi All
    I am looking for funding option to develop a boarding house with 30+ self contained studios . my current serviceability is very tight, will the bank take future rent on those studios in serviceability calculation and how does it work? much appreciate for any advise
    thanks

2. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

im assuming this will be a build and hold, and the studios will be all on ONE title ?

ta
    rolf

3. Shahin_Afarin

Shahin_Afarin Residential and Commercial Broker Business Member

Potentially yes but the biggest issue is going to be a) the experience side of the proposal and b) the LVR. Lack of comparable sales depending on the area may be an issue and lenders will lender sub 50% depending on the strength of the application.

Commercial development finance is quite tough but building boarding homes is even tougher.

Neither myself or the lender would be particularly comfortable with sole/majority reliance on the boarding home income for servicing.

Its going to come down to the numbers - some think they can service but don't and some even think they can't and they can.

4. hhd88b

hhd88b Active Member

Thank you for your input, yes, the development is for build to rent/hold, all studios in one title.