NSW New development in Quakers hill

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by AAA2214, 6th Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. AAA2214

AAA2214 Well-Known Member

2. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

that will be a new suburb apparently

3. AAA2214

A new suburb? Why?

4. twobobsworth

twobobsworth Well-Known Member

Surprised its taken so long to develop.

5. hash_investor

Your link says that...

6. AAA2214

Ya weird. Not sure why the link says Schofields

I hope they sought out the parking stuff at Quakers hill station. Lot of folks use the station and the commuter car park is full by 7:30 and to add 1000 more lots is a pain

7. hash_investor

good to know that :cool: is there any street parking available after that?

the link says it will be a 'new suburb'

8. AAA2214

Ya there is plenty of street parking 5 mins walk to the station which is where I park everyday :D

9. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

The way things are going there wont be any parking. I havent caught the train for years and I spent the night at a friends and the next morning we decided to catch the train back to the city from Seven Hills station. Geezz.....that place is PACKED!!! - I used to park there everyday almost during university going to USYD everyday and back then it was bad. Now they even built the outside section and still no parking anywhere. Damn.

Quakers will be like that with the influx of ppl if they dont plan properly.

10. AAA2214

Ya Seven hills station is used by lot of people living in the hills district, kings langley etc and similarly Quakers hill is being used by folks from Glenwood, acacia gardens, The ponds, Marsden park, Bella vista, Stanhope Gardens etc

I hope the metro being opened would ease some of this traffic away from Quakers hill station.

They were lot of petitions by the local ministers to expand the commuter car park not sure about the progress

11. virhlpool

virhlpool Well-Known Member

It's no different.. super crowded even when it's not at the full capacity yet.

12. AAA2214

Ya, lot of folks moving into Quakers hill due to the affordability( compared to Ponds, Schofields etc) and the various things the suburb is offering for FHB, young families etc

13. oracle

oracle Well-Known Member

I have one IP in Quakers Hill, purchased through Buyers Agent. It has had good growth since 2009. Rent has steadily increased as well and always been rented.

Since I am not from Sydney what are people's opinions on future growth potential for QH? I was thinking of selling around 2015-16 when there were plenty of people calling Sydney property boom peak but held off selling since I didn't need the funds and didn't want to pay CGT since I am already on high income from full time employment.

I have always felt being so far from CBD it might not be the best investment to hold long term. But would like to get opinions from locals. Current plan is to hold off selling for another few years and see if steady growth continues.

Cheers,
    Oracle.

14. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

I would hold - The NW Metro will bring the City far closer and thats going to take more years of patience before its a functional reality all the way through. A new public hospital at Rouse Hill and the filling of the land between Rouse Hills and Marsden Park means Quakers Hill has to benefit. Then a new Airport further west. QH could become like Mosman of the west :D

One way to get even with the CGT problem is not selling

oracle likes this.
  15. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

I can't see why this wouldn't be the case and given that the new Metro trains will be going every 4 mins in peak time there's likely to be more commuters using this line over the western suburbs ones. Much will depend on proximity to stations, of course, as well as parking station capacities. Agree that QH carpark needs to be increased though.

16. AAA2214

Yes I agree with Paul@PFI. Hold it there is more growth left in the suburb due to lot of land in Schofields, Riverstone, Marsden park. With that price you can get a 3 bed atleast with good block of land. There might be some rezoning that might happen around station, Farnham road shops, Quakers Court, QH public school and Barnier public school due to the demand in the streets surrounding these locations

oracle likes this.
  17. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Carparks may be reduced in size under proposed plans. Some slatted for sale so apartments may be built. Reasoning is a broader network of frequent bus routes (incl on demand pick up) will support the NW metro and T Way...

18. AAA2214

Yes there is lot of focus recently on public transport connectivity from Quakers hill streets to the station and they did increase the bus frequency but the residents want more especially in peak hours

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia