NSW New build in Belmore versus old build in Lakemba?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by CTScan, 13th Aug, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. CTScan

CTScan Member

Hello all,

If there was a new build in Belmore versus an older build in Lakemba - the Lakemba one borders Belmore and has 2 bedrooms and the same strata, which do you think is better?

This is PPOR.

I'm new to this so what should I be paying attention to in terms of a potential future sale?

2. The.Night.King

The.Night.King Well-Known Member

3. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

Lakemba is cheaper entry but less desirable and there is a stigma to it due to the high amount of immigrants, you generally pay 20% more as soon as you cross the road from Lakemba to Belmore.
    Older 2 Bedders in Belmore start at 420k and go up to 500-550k if they are renovated with carspace.
    Just my opinion that not much comes up in Belmore, i have been looking for a few years now out of curiosity. Good stuff sell quick in both areas but much quicker in Belmore, quite often before first open house.
    I have seen a few good buys come up just on the border, even a townhouse style unit in a block of 4 for 415k.
    As a PPOR i like Belmore where i currently stay but im looking to buy a house in Lakemba East of Haldon street due to the cheaper entry cost.
    Avoid new builds i would say unless you have no interest in doing a renovation and are looking for a set and forget kind of deal.
    Dont hold me to this but Belmore has better resale potential as less comes up for sale and the demand is there, Lakemba generally has alot of stock.
    If you can stretch for a house go Lakemba if not then a unit in Belmore.

CTScan likes this.
  4. CTScan

CTScan Member

Thank you so much, sweetheart!

I am much like you but I can't afford a house.

After I posted this I looked up the investment property website and yeah it's what you're saying re house in Lakemba.