New 2018 Tax Checklist

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by Paul@PAS, 4th Jul, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

I wanted to share our new 2018 tax checklist and CGT checklist. This may be used to send your tax information to us or YOUR property tax savvy accountant or to assist DIY taxpayers. All we ask if you dont edit it or redistribute it. It is copyright. For non-clients its not supported at all.

Its just part of our new 2018 client tax pack. This year we have added some new (free) tools :
    • A Foreign Property Rental Schedule worksheet to assist with adjusting for two tax periods for foreign property (eg UK property, US property and NZ property each have different tax years). Do you have property in another country ? Let me know and I will add more countries on request.
    • A improved Version 2 of My Property CGT Record to assist owners maintain historical records of costs, dates and relevant matters. A sure-fire CGT saver for the future perhaps ? Does you tax accountant provide this ? IMO this is a key difference between ordinary tax accountants and true property savvy tax practices. This tool is a MUST for all property owners. Even your own home could need it one day.
    • An entity checklist
    • A simple Blended loan calculator.
    • A new Rental Annual Summary Tool. This is a ripper. It allows YOU to consolidate all your property income and expense information from self managed property, agent statements and a whole bunch of other information. It acts as year end checklist AND a portfolio summary and provides loads of analysis as well. Do your tax and do some analysis free. It looks as tax issues, cashflow and so much more. Even LVRs. I will be posting more about this in a later post.
    Note that the CGT Checklist does not perform calculations and is not intended to. It is to provide information that may (or may not) be considered by an adviser along with client and property historical information.

I wont be posting the full client tax pack here. It is ONLY for clients. Please dont call or email me asking for a copy. It is only for those who register as clients. However at times I will post individual copies of SOME of these tools.

Attached Files:

Last edited: 4th Jul, 2018
  2. G..

G.. Well-Known Member

I am curious as to what an "entity checklist" is?

3. Paul@PAS

Company, Trust etc.....ie Non-individual tax matters

4. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

@Paul@PFI Is there cut off date for when employer need to provide PAYG summary to employee? I'm waiting for hubby's from his previous employment :-\

5. Paul@PAS

14th July is the required date. Many do it late.

EN710 likes this.