Entertainment & Music Netflix - Who's into it?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by bbmick, 21st Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

I'm enjoying the Bletchley Circle. Two series are on Netflix, series 1 is showing on ABC TV.

Archer is not on Australian Netflix unfortunately. It's an animated series, extremely politically incorrect, and good fun.

wombat777 likes this.
  2. bbmick

bbmick Well-Known Member

I know a few ppl say this is great - see it on telly when changing channels sometimes, but never convinced to stop & watch. Maybe I'll have a look.............

All seasons/episodes are available in other regions - so get that SmartDNS or VPN going ;)

3. bbmick

bbmick Well-Known Member

This weeks viewing........ 4 Seasons Falling Skies (scifi) & a few episodes of The Fall (drama/crime).

I started watching The Fall just as a whim with the missus who stayed home (supposedly sick) and have been hooked.

4. MRTLR1000

MRTLR1000 Active Member

go to Aldi, but a top box which is $79 , load onto TV called Kodi, and stream as many tv shows you want , dont need foxtel or netflix etc...plays all the latest tv series and films...

bbmick likes this.
  5. Tifoso

Tifoso Well-Known Member

If you haven't watched Brooklyn Nine Nine, you should. Season 1 is on Aussie Netflix. 2 concluded a while back so it may not be far behind.

Shameless is excellent too.

6. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

Quite a few of the shows that are a season or two behind have more seasons on Hulu. If you're running VPN for the USA stuff then Hulu is about $6 a month, if you're using an Apple TV box set up as USA you'll get the Hulu app on your menu screen. There's a few things on there that aren't on Netflix and as I say, more seasons of the stuff that is. There are adverts though, and the ads increase in frequency and duration the longer you've been subscribed. I'm about to can my Hulu for a bit as we've caught up now.

Started Suits last week, really enjoying it. Also enjoyed American Horror Story, I like how each season is a different story/scenario but the same cast in different roles. Enjoyed the second season in the nut house. Will see how the third one goes.

7. bbmick

bbmick Well-Known Member

Holy crap MRTLR1000 - where have I been?

I downloaded & tested the TVMC version of Kodi that comes preinstalled with a lot of addons.

Nice App that seems to make very light work of having to find all those tv/movie/music streams from across the internet (legal & dodgy) - and aggregates them into a very slick interface - can't believe I haven't gotten onto this till now.

This thing is my new best friend :D

MRTLR1000 likes this.
  8. MRTLR1000

MRTLR1000 Active Member

ive had it for a few months now, and never a prob, and if you do, google it, and the symptom will be there and how to fix...best bit of gear i reckon ive purchased from aldi in a while!

9. bbmick

bbmick Well-Known Member

Oh dear..........adverts :rolleyes:

I can't stand them - another reason to not like Foxtel.

10. moyjos

moyjos Well-Known Member

What exactly is the box from Aldi? Is it always available, or was it a one off?

11. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

I watched series one last night. I was not aware there is a second series.

12. bbmick

bbmick Well-Known Member

I suspect the box mentioned has Android operating system so is compatible in that manner.

There are actually other methods of using the Kodi software other than buying a preloaded box.

Even just this arvo, I have managed to get 3 different setups going 100%
    • Windows laptop (mac version avail) and HDMI cable into TV via a Samsung BluRay & A/V receiver.
    • I have also managed to screen mirror (or cast) wirelessly to TV via the same BluRay from my Samsung Tablet (Android version). Not full screen (but close) due to resolution (I think).
    • I have also installed on my Android phone (Moto G) and plays wonderful on there - haven't managed to get it to "cast" to the BluRay yet - looks like a little incompatibility problem between Samsung/Moto.
    I believe it will also run on iPads etc, so really depends how you want to use it.

13. MRTLR1000

MRTLR1000 Active Member

yer it may have been a one off, but there are other ways. I just was going past and saw it and grabbed it...yes its an android operating system. little box, ethernet cable direct from modem into the back, then the cable from that into back of tv, done..turn on and loads itself..sit back and flick...doing wireless will take longer to stream and you will have pauses now and then if others are on the net...cable is quickest...

14. Mombius Hibachi

Mombius Hibachi Well-Known Member

Archer is hands down one of the funniest shows of all time.

Raydar likes this.
  15. Mombius Hibachi

I found this surprisingly really good. Tina Fey is a very funny woman. Even though I've never really gotten into other shows she wrote.

16. Mombius Hibachi

[​IMG]

17. Raydar

Raydar Well-Known Member

Have done the whole streaming thing. Quickflix, stan, Netflix. Quickflix was OK at the time, however small pool of moves and TV. Worst part was the pay per view for anything recent, so unsubscribed. 2yrs later, Netflix arrives and everyone gets on the band wagon. I have seen significant reduction in internet speed to a point streaming doesn't work. Less than 1mps. Congestion to blame of an evening. I get 10mbs outside peak times.
    Just holding out till NBN and FTTN.

WattleIdo likes this.
  18. Mombius Hibachi

Anyone else watch Scream the TV Series? Based on the original Scream movie, it's 20 years later, blah blah blah.

Is it as bad as it sounds? Absolutely!
    Is it hilarious? You bet! The acting is so awful, lol.

The one thing that detracts from its entertainment value is the serious lack of gore.

19. Lambo

Lambo Well-Known Member

Netflix is so addictive! Ran out of Orphan Black episodes and am now watching Sense8 and Misfits.

bbmick likes this.
  20. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

I only got a fast enough internet for Netflix last week (I previously had it OS). I subscribed to a VPN- but tonight I find my VPN is not switching country. Anybody else having this happen?

(That was on iPad. Macpro seems ok. But some series seem to have disappeared- like Good Wife).