NSW Nelson 2765

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Shawn, 3rd Oct, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Shawn

Shawn Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

Considering a bit of a lifestyle change and looking for 5 acres of land with some future potential in Sydney with a budget of $2.5mn

Came across Nelson - a suburb right next to the upcoming Box Hill. It looks like historically 5 acres have sold for $2.5mn or so.

Wondering if anyone has checked out this area or has any feedback on what to look out for. A lot of the property I’ve checked out has the zoning RU6 - Transition which is a good sign (I think?)

Also considering what building costs would be like on plots like these - they seem pretty rough and uneven with not much arable building land.

2. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Did you check Annangrove as well which is right next to it?

3. Shawn

Shawn Well-Known Member

I know of Annangrove and have a few friends living there but have not checked it out.
    Do you rate it over Nelson?

4. Car tart

Car tart Well-Known Member

Great little secrets of Sydney. Prices have doubled in the last 5 years. I’ve lived in those areas since 1998, only moved out when the kids moved from home. If it was a choice between waterfront living or living on acreage, I would choose acreage and your kids will grow up balanced with a group of great friends in the area. A huge choice of great local state, private and catholic schools nearby. The mixture of neighbouring mega millionaires driving 1988 Mitsubishi Pajeros and average joes also makes for interesting chats.
    I would never have lived anywhere. I have lived from 1971 in Kenthurst, from 1998 on Annangrove Rd and from 2004 on Nelson Road.
    And if you look at the price paid for 300 metres just 2 kilometres away, your getting Australia’s best bargain. Lot 302, 32-34 Mason Road, Box Hill, NSW 2765
    https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-residential+land-nsw-box+hill-203094582

5. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

Is Nelson all on town services now? If you require finance you may be limited with lending options if you buy something without town water/power/sewer or on an unsealed road.

6. hash_investor

You make an interesting point here. I go for a drive in the LGA when I feel bored these days and sometimes driving around Kenthurst, Annangrove to Glenorie and all I do wonder who are these guys and why do they live here? It is certainly possible for many people to live here after COVID but majority is not an office job holder still. So who are the guys who live there and what do they do?

7. Shawn

Shawn Well-Known Member

Hi Car Tart,

Were you Team Tandom on this year's ******* Rally? If so - what a coincidence. I was Team Hipsocks Sally. Sorry for the tangent. Tried to message but could not get through for some reason.

I'd love to chat about Nelson Road as that is where I've got my eye on property.

8. hash_investor

I rate Annangrove over Nelson but what do I know...

What is that zoning ?