Neighbours dogs

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Allgood, 7th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Allgood

Allgood Well-Known Member

Hi team,
    I'm looking at a place that has lots of pros and cons but one of the things I keep coming back to us that when i was inspecting it, the neighbour's dogs were yapping away constantly and were doing my head in, particularly when we were outside on the deck. They just didn't let up.

The neighbours are owner occupiers so they're not going anywhere. If I was a prospective tenant it be a deal breaker for me. Am I being precious about this? Maybe my intense hate for small yapping midget pooches is clouding my judgement???

2. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

The noise would be an issue if it's loud. Can you talk to the neighbour regarding the noise? Maybe they didn't know that the poor pooch is having separation anxiety.

I hate bad owners, I don't hate dogs - it's never their fault.

Joynz likes this.
  3. Allgood

@EN710
    Sorry about disappearing there for a bit. I haven't spoken to the neighbour because I haven't made any offers yet. I think they were home at the time and get the impression its what the dogs do. I' having second thoughts about the property now because the floor plan is a bit all over the place and the only way I can see to fix it is to extend which would be a costly exercise for a cheapish house. Thanks for the response.

EN710 likes this.
  4. magpieseason

magpieseason Well-Known Member

Well we have this bully next door, recently bought ppor. Lost tenant from our granny flat because he menaces anyone(including our little chiuwawa) in the backyard .
    2015-10-08 11.26.06.jpg Council says cant do anything until he bites someone. tysonswork.jpg

Attached Files:

5. Allgood

Woah! He looks pretty rugged! Isn't it crazy. One day he'll bite someone and then the council will act. Madness :(

6. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I would be more worried about the old super"66" asbestos roof sheet laying next too the hole in the back fence,if a tenant works out what that is then you have problems that bite..

Joynz and magpieseason like this.
  7. magpieseason

magpieseason Well-Known Member

Hi Willair ,You dont mean the actual fence i hope because thats everywhere in this district. The roof sheeting is all over nextdoors yard.

8. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

No not the metal fence the old roof sheet that is in the photo that's next too the fence,if that was in Brisbane in a upmarket area you would have problems,most people don't even know what the old roof sheet contains..imho..
    [​IMG]

magpieseason likes this.
  9. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

You should start making diary notes about the barking and aggression each time it occurs ( with time, duration etc and photos / recording if you can) and then contact Council to complain.

I'm assuming you have already had a word with the neighbour?

In Vic each council has local laws about noise and will work with you and the owner for a resolution. Assume it's the same in NSW.

However, you do have to substantiate it with diary entries - at least a week.

magpieseason likes this.