Hi all, Long time lurker, first time poster after some thoughts. We are in a bit of a pickle, have 2 properties in mining towns, one loan crossed with both properties and we are now on P&I with them. We have a bit of a cash buffer in the offset which is covering the P&I repayments, but with current expenses and rents, this will probably only last 3 more years until exhausted. At the moment we are optimistically about $350k in negative equity. We acknowledge that we stuffed up and didn't really do a great deal of due diligence prior to purchasing, but ultimately we just want to move forward now and get on with our lives. Has anyone had experience in selling in this situation? Our broker has suggested that if the loan is in good order at the time of sale, they would work with us to see the rest of the debt paid and not call in the loan. My main concern is that if we sell one and the bank doesn't discharge it, then we aren't going to get anywhere and will just end up bankrupt now or in a few years, where as we want to pay it off, but the holding costs and the P&I repayments are just killing us. We would comfortably be able to service a P&I loan of $350k over 10 years at a higher rate if the banks would be open to that. In the current banking landscape is that something that the bank (we are with NAB) would likely be open to discussing? Thanks in advance.