Need tax adviser quote

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by iloveqld, 31st Aug, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. iloveqld

iloveqld Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I got a house bought in 2016 with 1 title on 2 lots as PPOR. Have done some renovations.

Now, I am looking to build a new house on the empty lot, and will convert the old house to investment.

Need a tax adviser to give me advises and steps to prepare papers before start my build.

Please pm and thank you.

Regards,

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Our developer toolkit explains some of the issues. Ideal to read before seeking advice so you may understand some of the concepts.

There will be a retrospective CGT issue with the former property (home?) and the changed use of the land into two purposes

Attached Files:

3. iloveqld

Sorry, I am not very bright with tax, just need an day-to-day accountant, who can talk in my language, with experience in subdivions to advise me the best steps for the best outcome with a price.

Email me a Request for information, I reply and email me the steps with the invoce maybe the best option for me ;)

4. Paul@PAS

:confused:

aussieB likes this.
  5. iloveqld

Maybe it sounds too much hassles but is there any tax adviser charge by hours? I am ok with online or email advising/consulting.

6. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member

Yes many accountants do email advice. Email is hard to get all the facts and a lot of back and forth. Maybe a bit of email and phone is best. Then as well the adviser can at least give a rough idea of the costs as well.

iloveqld likes this.
  7. Paul@PAS

We do have a hourly rate but I find for many matters we can quote a fee estimate. We then generally will charge it or less. A hourly rate is of limited help if you dont know how long something takes. Since we know how long standard matters take we can offer fee estimates for many things.

Email only advice is best avoided and a initial consultation and discussion will have far greater assistance especially for technical issues. Otherwise a email results in 10 new questions.
    Tax advice is more than advice. Its about ensuring you also understand it

We offer a free consultation for many matters to help us understand each clients needs and then provide a fee estimate. Seems unfair to charge someone to estimate a cost

iloveqld likes this.
  8. iloveqld

Thank you, Paul.
    Let me prepare some info and I will ring you.

Cheers.