Need someone to install new oven, cooktop, range hood and associated cabinet work -Quakers hill

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by n_t_r, 2nd Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. n_t_r

n_t_r Member

Hi-I need to replace an in cabinet oven, cooktop above and range hood. I'm ok to hunt down and buy the appliances, but need someone (maybe a talented electrician) who can install then and do some magic with the benches and cupboard. The oven will no doubt be narrower then the current one, and same with cooktop. Few pics attached.

Any recommendations on someone to help? Or how would you handle this?

Attached Files:

2. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Have you thought about just buying replacement appliances rather than cutting out the cabinets? That way Mr sparky can just swap over. You'd need to check measurements but likely that era is standard to today's stuff
    Check out grays online and seconds world

n_t_r likes this.
  3. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

You need to pull the cooktop and oven out a bijt then measure the cutout. You can likely get ones that fit into the recess.

My sparky is pretty handy and can do benchtop and cabinetry work as well I think

n_t_r likes this.
  4. mini2

mini2 Well-Known Member

This is relevant to my interest - got a stove install that needs a bit of cabinetry trimming and some other sparky jobs too.

5. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

I had install through Good Guys on one property. They also took the old units. Cost a fixed fee of something like $200 for all three and included delivery (they bought with them !) . Well worth it for the zero hassle. I recall it assumed they drop in place of old units. Extra costs if didn't.

n_t_r and bob shovel like this.
  6. n_t_r

n_t_r Member

Thanks all- I went back and took the cutout measurements- lucky I could do that I guess. I'll check tonight if new appliances will fit. $200 for install, removal and disposal seems good to me

Attached Files:

7. n_t_r

n_t_r Member

Quick update- I've bought an oven and cooktop from gumtree -$280 for both. Oven needs another 20mm cut from cutout but that should be fairly simple i think. I bought some new oven knobs for $1 off eBay So I need to source the range hood and then I'm back to the original need for a handy electrician!

8. n_t_r

n_t_r Member

Hi- final update

So I bought a range hood off gumtree from someone near the ip. Chatting away, turns out he is an appliance installer and the range hood was removed from previous job. So we arrange for him to install it and the oven and cooktop (and replace an exterior security light). Oven needed 20mm cut out for the height.

All for $200 - great guy and service. Daniel. sydneyhomeappliancerepairs <insert the at symb here> gmail.com

So all up $580 for 2nd hand but modern cooktop, range hood and oven, including install. I'm happy with that - took some patience, and a bit of driving around (probably 5 hours) which I had time to do.

Thanks for the advice property chatters!

bob shovel and Tranquilo like this.
  9. Nick Valsamis

Nick Valsamis Well-Known Member

Sounds like you got it all for a really good deal, well done.

10. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Good stuff! Sounds like the searching around paid off