Need some suggestions from property managers

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by virhlpool, 22nd Aug, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. virhlpool

virhlpool Well-Known Member

Here's an update for all those who were kind enough to give advice. I filed an application with tribunal with the detailed argument that I had. Once the PM received a copy of it, they communicated to me that now the owner had agreed to waive off all deductions and is happy to refund the full bond. As soon as the paperwork for bond refund got completed, I withdrew the application (before tribunal hearing).

I am not really sure if any wise/ experienced property manager or owner will ever do this - it just wanted my time and their too. May be they were simply waiting to see how strong my argument is and would decide based on that. Or may be the owner was not in the picture at all - it was all done by PM without owner in the loop? I am not sure what was the case, but the bottom-line is that if I hadn't filed an application, the PM/ owner would have got me pay at least $600+.

Last edited: 17th Sep, 2018
    The Y-man likes this.
  2. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

I believe the post was to say "what else will the landlord force on the tenant? Isn't this the thin edge of the wedge" ~ unfortunately we don't have icons for this.

The Y-man

3. neK

neK Well-Known Member

@The Y-man
    It's a shame that individuals in society try to screw each other to get ahead.
    Realistically, there isn't a need to. If everyone helps each other out, we can all get ahead.

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

@virhlpool - that sums it up generally. A misguided PM working on the belief that wear and tear is always malicious damage unless disputed.

Michael Mitchell likes this.