Need new Strata Managers on the Gold Coast

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by The Gambler, 9th Aug, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. The Gambler

The Gambler Well-Known Member

Our building changed hands last year due to not enough people voting correctly and one person accidentally voting the wrong way. So at our AGM last year we were informed that the BC managers were no longer looking after us and we had 15 days or whatever to find a new company. So we did and let's just say that it all went to hell in a hand basket. Our new Strata Manager was the worst worker I've ever encountered and that is an understatement. The company is Oz wide and can be good. I know people with them in Melb and they say it is very good, but on the Goldie... Ha! So now we are thinking about changing companies again and I was just wondering if anybody has a recommendation for a Strata Management Company of the Gold Coast. We are getting desperate and need our building to get back on track before it's too late.

If you're wondering who we are currently with, all I can say is the Best Canned Soup is campbells.

Michael Mitchell likes this.
  2. Michael Mitchell

Michael Mitchell Property Manager Business Member

Body Corporate Management in Queensland (capitolbca.com.au)

A lot of times it's the person doing the work for you foremost, followed by the systems and resources the business they work for enables them with, as opposed to the business themselves. The hard part for your situation at a guess would be gathering the support of the Committee to call and EGM and then gathering (petitioning) the required votes to get a successful change vote across the line...

The Gambler and Pumpkin like this.
  3. Momentum

Momentum Well-Known Member

I'm on a few body corp committees on the GC and 2 of them use the same management @ BCS. I've had no problems with them and would recommend. Sometimes I'll do my own maintenance in a common area and give them a bill which they promptly pay
    Body Corporate Services - BCS Queensland | Homepage

4. Michael Mitchell

Michael Mitchell Property Manager Business Member

upload_2021-8-12_8-55-13.png

Momentum likes this.
  5. Momentum

Momentum Well-Known Member

Ah interesting, thanks I didn't pick up on that. One thing I should say is the staff seem quite young but no dramas so far - fingers crossed!

Last edited by a moderator: 13th Dec, 2021