Need help with searching for property

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by noviceInvestor1, 22nd Oct, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. noviceInvestor1

noviceInvestor1 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I am in search of a property in Sydney with the following 2 requirements:

1. In any of these Areas - Inner West (CBD through to S'Field) or Northern Suburbs - pretty much anywhere within the perimeter of the Yellow T1 train line
    2. With an existing Granny Flat, or, Duplex - basically two "dwellings" on one block (flexible as to whether it is 50-50 or 80-20 split in terms of accommodation)

I cannot find any search engine that allows me to do this (have tried the popular sites - realestate and domain but they only have very basic search capability).

Can anyone advise how to go about doing this search?

2. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

realestate and domain will allow you to use "keywords" in your search. Try words like: "dual income", "dual", "duel" (for the REAs that keep using the wrong word), "duplex", "granny" etc. It won't be a perfect match but it cuts down on the number of listings you need to investigate further.

David Shih likes this.
  3. noviceInvestor1

noviceInvestor1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for that. How about searching within the area I am interested in? Is the only way to enter enough individual suburb names and include the ‘surrounding’ option?

Is there any search engine that allows searching by boundary on a map?

Thanks!

4. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

We use a subscription based engine that allows us to draw boundaries on a map. But you are working with freebies. domain used to have a map function - not sure if it still has. Otherwise you'll need to put your suburb names in as you say.

5. Jane Ridder

Jane Ridder Well-Known Member

Realestate.com or Domain could still be useful for step 1 and then type in minimum bedrooms "5 " as a search parameter. Sometimes this brings up the sort of properties you're looking for.

Peter_Tersteeg and Propertunity like this.
  6. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

I search by area on realestate.com.au.

Enter a suburb, any suburb and put in your search parameters. When the map and listings come up, move the map to the area you want to search. At the bottom of the map there will be a button “search this area”. Voila!
    Marg

7. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member