Need help with floorplan for new home rebuild

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by NewToThis123, 9th Aug, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. NewToThis123

NewToThis123 Member

I live in the same suburb and was inspired by this:

53 Maloney Street, Mascot
    53 Maloney Street, Mascot NSW 2020 - House For Sale | Domain

What do you think would be a reasonable budget?

And which previous post are you referring too?

Archaon likes this.
  2. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

That placement in Maloney St looks good. I see how it would work. What I have seen referred to as "alfresco" is different to what is in this example - this is exactly what I was suggesting.

By previous post, i was referring to the one that states you aren't expecting any kids for a while. I guess I'm saying: "why plan all this at this stage because styles and budgets and wants and needs will change in that time".

If you were to build this now, would you be targeting a share house for a group of adults? If so, then what would be important to this demographic. Who is going to live in all these spaces that you are going to pay for?

3. NewToThis123

NewToThis123 Member

Yeah i should have mentioned i dont plan on on building this immediately or anything. and yes i understand wants and needs will change but i thought it would be cool to get an idea now so i know ive considered all factors when the time comes.

So you suggest a covered porch area at the back? How about if we go the attached secondary dwelling options, what would be the best layout you think?

Angel likes this.
  4. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I think if its your parents AND for future resale then I would seriously consider doing it attached as @Angel suggested as I think it will work much better on your block. It would simple be a nice double storey house with a nice master suite on the ground floor with living room off it.

Angel and wylie like this.
  5. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

If you find it is easiest to retain the 4m setback behind the GF, you can make use of that land as a private landscaped courtyard for the GF residents away from the people in the main residence.

Sackie and Marg4000 like this.
  6. Engineering

Engineering Member

Have you spoken to a local architect about this. Looking at the example, it does appear that they may allow a granny flat on a 390m2 land.
    Cost of a granny flat itself runs at around $80,000 to $120,000.
    Depending on many factors.

The main residence as shown on Maloney street, may cost around $350,000 to $450,000. (Could be more depending on your taste).
    If the land you have is rear sloping, then cost of hydraulics will be a concern.