Need help. Refinancing my PPOR and Credit Assessor is asking these questions

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by WilliamGoh, 26th Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. WilliamGoh

WilliamGoh Active Member

· 2 years company tax returns and 2 years supporting financials ( P/L & balances sheets) for 2017/2018 and 2018-2019 For [company 1]

· For your directorship with [company 2] I need an accountants letter stating what this entity is, whether it is trading and or not trading and whether it requires you to put any money into this financially to upkeep this entity. Also whether it has any debts and liabilities

Problem is those companies are dormant with no activity so they never filed tax returns for those. Plus the accountant hasn’t done any financials for them, so she doesn’t know the current financial situation thus can’t provide the letter.

Im still following up with accountant. But how am I supposed to get documents that doesn’t exist ???? What am I supposed to do? Can I step down as director or something ? Can the accountant even create a tax return for 2017/2018 right now ?

2. JasonC

JasonC Well-Known Member

3. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

Provide 12 mths of bank statements if u have em

Obviously not registered for GST and if they arent trading chances are there is no ABN for them.

Stat dec

ta
    rolf

4. WilliamGoh

WilliamGoh Active Member

I dont think the accountant lodged any returns (because of 0 profit) but Ill double check with accountant

5. WilliamGoh

WilliamGoh Active Member

Ok so if I provide the 12 months statement and they can check that there is no ABN, that should hopefully answer the assessor's questions?

Also did you mean 12 months statement of those years or are you talking about current 12 months?

6. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Does the company have a TFN? It would be required to lodge a tax return if so.
    This sort of thing happens all the time and I haven't found a way out, but so far everyone has been able to supply a letter.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia