Need Conveyancer/lawyer for complex conveyancing

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by lixas4, 14th Oct, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. lixas4

lixas4 Well-Known Member

Hi, as a land surveyor we do subdivisions that require more complex conveyancing knowledge. We currently don't have a recommended conveyancer/legal practitioner, and I'm looking to build a relationship with someone that i can confidently recommend to clients.

If a client goes to a less experienced conveyancer there is a risk that the titles could potentially be transferred incorrectly (for the more complex conveyancing matters). We advise clients when subdivisions require more complex conveyancing knowledge but that only goes so far. If they don't know it, then they don't know it.

My question for the forum is:

Has anyone worked with a conveyancer/legal practitioner that has a good understanding of any of the following:

- Not in Common Ownership Subdivisions: where you have multiple owners on the original title and the goal is to have the titles split based on agreement at subdivision, rather then split based on the original titles ownership percentages

- Subdivision of land that has Common Property (section 32 subdivision): where a subdivision is of a property that already has common property, and maybe the common property is being changed or purchased

If you know someone that has a good understanding of one of those points, then they probably have good knowledge in the other. So would like to get their recommendation.

I'm based in bayside melbourne.

Thanks for your help, if you don't feel comfortable posting on here, please PM.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.