Need advice on functional low cost bath reno

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Kis Kis, 18th Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Kis Kis

Kis Kis Well-Known Member

70344276-69AD-4AE4-8820-E30F0AD17C21.jpeg 0CC8E34D-C734-410D-A24A-972D0CCFFE72.jpeg 5F2A3D92-DA5B-4F43-83A4-92966DEC53DE.jpeg C1D34D36-E8D3-4E32-9FC9-F13C14BD09F7.jpeg 4E5697A7-E061-483C-A08A-CB5245353661.jpeg Hi everyone, this is the bathroom of our newly bought PPOR, will be IP in one year. Its a 1980 house with kitchen lounge deck reno done already. Only the bathrooms not done, very dull, has shower bath cubicles which leaves with no space and boring. I want to get the bathrooms done with only shower in the ensuit, tiles to wall and floor redone, toilet and vanity replaced. Is it going to be a lot of $$$ to get the cubicle out and replaced by tiles, waterproofing etc?

Want low- midrange, not fancy but functional tiles, fittings and vanity that will last long. Ideas please what budget ill be looking at? (Considered everyone needs to be done by them, I wont be able to touch a thing)

How long does it take to get a bathroom fully done?

Ensuit: 1.5 * 1.7m

Attached Files:

2. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Allow $8–10K and 1 week minimum for a pretty basic full bathroom reno.

Jess Peletier likes this.
  3. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I cannot help but wonder if renovating that bathroom without making it bigger is worth the cost? It looks fine to me for a rental and I just don't think you are going to get enough extra rent for the money spent.

4. WestOz

WestOz Well-Known Member

If anything, provided its currently sitting on tiles, I'd replace the vanity with a hanging one to get it off the floor rotting, update the cabinet (storage), give the grout and tiles a good scrub, replace any deteriorated silicon.
    Maybe, get rid of the shower curtain, put a half fixed screen at the shower end. Keep the bath, best of both world there.

wylie likes this.
  5. Kis Kis

Kis Kis Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. Any suggestions of websites to buy/ choose floating vanities/ showerscreen/tapwear? Or do you suggest getting the builder/ constructor to source one for you? How about bunnings?

The problem with the cubicle is we dont fit in. Its so narrow! When we stand it feels suffocating that we cant move arms to wash/scratch our heads. We are petit people, i recon a 6 feet tall broad shoulder guy wont be able to shower at all!!

Last edited: 18th Feb, 2018