Health & Family Neck pain back pain

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by EN710, 21st May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Yes, tooth grinding was an issue for me when I was younger. Maybe still is. I also fell over a 20ft waterfall when I was 7. I've tried a mouth guard made by a dentist but that was just too uncomfortable.

Ultimately I've found that exercise helps to manage stress which seems to help prevent the headaches.

2. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Crickey, I hope you hit water at the bottom of that waterfall.

3. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

I had to try several types of dentist-made plates to find one that worked.

Tried one for the top teeth but felt there was nowhere for my tongue to go as they had made the plate deeper at the front to account for my slight overbite. The front wrapped over my front teeth and seemed to push my upper lip out and was uncomfortable.

Then I used a more comfortable plate on the lower teeth for a few years - but not as durable as an upper plate.

My most recent plate is for the top teeth and is the best yet. Very small and streamlined compared to the first ones, but strong - and comfortable as it doesn't extend over the front teeth.

It turns out that different dental labs ( or maybe just different technicians) make them in slightly different styles / shapes.

Last edited: 22nd May, 2017
  4. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Yes :)

I do have teeth grinding issue but not bad enough to require anything. The last week or so has also been very tiring I do t think I grind in my sleep either.

5. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

I think I know what my Physio was saying now. He said it's pasture related - so I've been hiring someone to mow my lawns, but it hasn't helped my neck pain.

I get terrible neck pain which causes headaches. I see a Chinese Physio who incorporates acupuncture and the kind of yanking that you'd expect from a chiro. Works a treat.

EN710 and wombat777 like this.
  6. Johnny Cashflow

Johnny Cashflow Well-Known Member

Good advice

Also make an appointment with a good physio.

EN710 and Joynz like this.
  7. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

No. Landed on a rock shelf with no more than perhaps a few inches of water. Must go back and take a look. Was well over 30 years ago now.

No broken bones although do wonder whether that fall damaged my jaw.

datto likes this.