Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

nearmap

Discussion in 'Other Asset Classes' started by kum yin lau, 7th Jan, 2016.

1. kum yin lau

kum yin lau Well-Known Member

Hi, I had brought up this stock before on the other forum. I checked the financials of one stock that was recommended and the financials are very similar to NEA. Market cap almost the same, earnings almost the same. The difference is the other stock paid dividends and has 100% franking. NEA has never paid any dividend and earnings only began when Simon Crowther put up the pay wall.

The price of the other stock was $1.92 and NEA 0.385

So I decided to pick up some more of NEA yesterday - 70000 shares actually.

This morning, it's 40 cents.

It should have quite a lot of upside.

If you're looking to buy some shares, you could do worse than with NEA.

Of course, don't look at the historic low, you won't ever be able to pay 3 cents for it again.

Incidentally, I had another 3 cent share that I sold at a loss, EGO and the price is around 45 cents now.

Cheers,

KY

2. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

I remember a few years back when it was 3c. Very good buy. I didnt touch it because i assumed that google maps would crush them

3. kum yin lau

Hi, actually very few shares changed hands at 3 cents. I always suspect that the employee and major shareholders muck around with the pricing. I tried to get at 3.4 but it looked like someone hanging out some bait so I paid 3.5

Easy enough to pick up the shares at 6 cents. It stayed at 6 to 7 cents for a long time. And this time round, it stayed at 38 cents for a long time too.

KY

4. kum yin lau

Hi, does anyone know anything about what's happening with Nearmap? The last 3 days' activity is buoyant. Anyone knows if it'll continue?

KY

5. kum yin lau

Hi, yesterday when I checked, NEA was 50 cents. I think it closed at 51. Up 11 cents from Thursday.

Did anyone buy any Nearmap shares?

After the price dipped to 34 cents, I picked up a few more shares.

We'll see what happens next week. My sister always said, I wish Google maps will buy them out!!

KY

6. kum yin lau

Hi, it's hovering around 58.5 cents now. I think I should change my name to Cassandra. No one listens and then when I turn out to be right, they all curse me!

KY

7. kum yin lau

Hi, Nearmap's on the march again. On 30 June, it was only 41 cents, now it's 53.5

8. gecko235

gecko235 Member

I know Motley Fool like NEA and a few of the guys that run the service own it as well.

9. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

I know a guy who works there. Seems to be a pretty good technology company but nothing special. I guess they will be sold sometime.