ASX Shares Nearmap (NEA)

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by kum yin lau, 7th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Between 2004-2013 they were less then 10 cents,so anyone still holding from that entry point have done very well..
    Hard to say what will happen over the next six months,it's sort of the same as CPH that I have a holding in for a while,the low was 13 cents the high was above $1-70 within a small time-range ,bought in again for 32 cents a short time ago now about 45 cents ..
    The only way I can look at every company I invest in ,never become mesmerized with management forecasts
    and media plays,and have a exit after tax plan..imho..good luck..

2. kum yin lau

kum yin lau Well-Known Member

Going bonkers

KY

3. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Going bonkers ... In reverse.

$3.77 to $3.14 in a week.

4. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

Going bonkers in the right direction $4.04 up 90c, over 25% in 2 weeks, I am up 225% on acquisition price in 2 weeks.

geoffw likes this.
  5. geoffw

I bought one small parcel in April at $3.25, then another one on 5 June for $3.26. I didn't get in nearly as early as you, but I'm still happy with its performance.

6. kum yin lau

hi, well done to those who bought. I'd have bought more but I didn't have enough money. I did the next best thing though. I sold all other shares and I currently have 100% invested in NEA.

I also talked to my nearest and dearest. My godson sent me money to buy and I didn't buy at the best price but it's still looking good.

I tried to convince my sister to use funding to buy more of NEA. Don't know if she did.

My thoughts? The current price is on the eve (almost) of the next reporting season which is 23 or something August.

what do the insiders know that we do not, that millions of shares change hands daily on a rising tide?

They will release the full year earnings early because it looks like they were going for another capital raising. They were pitching to Macquarie Group.

How much more will NEA go up between now and the release of the full year results?

And in case anyone wants to rush in, please be aware of the prices that those who bought early paid.

GeofW and Fargo are clever investors who monitored the prices.

Interesting times.

KY

7. geoffw

Cheers KY

I'm much more conservative than you. I'm at a stage in life where I can't afford to lose capital. So Nearmap is just a small part of my portfolio - the majority is in a range of ETFs covering a few different asset classes. They won't perform nearly as spectacularly as Nearmap, but I can sleep at night with a higher safety factor.

I don't want to drop the basket which has all my eggs.

8. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

NEA isn't my best performer this week. PME since mentioned last week is up 10%, 300% on purchase price, 20% in 2 week (500% ROI) and 4..63 % today ( 140% ROI). As the purchase was funded with leverage, by LOC on positive cash flow capital which has given a total return of about 12p/a, the ROC is higher.

charttv and Gockie like this.
  9. kum yin lau

Hi, interesting indeed. GeofW, I say whatever works is what it takes for us retirees.

The shares that I decided against but opted for 100% NEA are PME and NXS!!

Both are spectacular.

the reason I stick with NEA is it only still cost me 3.7 cents so even if it crashes to zero, I'm way way ahead.

But more fool me for opting for the "safe" way. It's only cost me a million so no Ferrari for me.

KY

geoffw likes this.
  10. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

My shares were bought with an LOC , NEA costs me 2cents a year in interest, about 1c a year after tax . PME cost me about 3c/year after tax so a total of 18 cents for the 6 years I have owned them ( for $26.40 gain) . but the rent from the security covers that and the deprecation on the buildings reduces the tax I pay when I sell a little to top up LOC. PME to-day up $1.30, 5% again another 160%/day ROI. NEA up 3.6% today, If the shares go south no big deal I have still reduced my debt and have income and capital growth from the security.

Redwing likes this.
  11. kum yin lau

Hi,
    More people should learn from you. LOC is leverage. It's no more riskier than a mortgage if you use it wisely.

The intention is to buy first, pay as you earn. What you're backing is yourself, that you have the ability to make more than the funding costs. If you make a mistake, then the real sacrifice is your earned income.

Well done you.

KY

Fargo likes this.
  12. geoffw

I suspect that an LOC can't be used by an SMSF however.

13. geoffw

14. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

Yes it can , use an LOC outside super to fund super contributions, get a tax deduction for getting a tax deduction and tax free money. After tax the money costs about about 2%( with deductions for depreciation and interest payments).

15. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

16. geoffw

I don't know. Usually that sort of things happens when people have been expecting better - so a merely good result is disappointing.

mikey7 likes this.
  17. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

I guess some people were expecting too much , I think it is as good or better than could be expected But the important thing is it is very good news the company is very sound and still has very good prospects for the future. I would call it a buying opportunity even just to take a small position, I said this company will be volatile it may even drop below $3, but for the long term looks good. The results are only preliminary though. It is the nature of the beast. XRO done the same thing I took a small position at $30 the price kept falling the nearer it got to profitabillty and the more customers it signed up and though the reports were good it was on track and sound. People are just irrational, buy because other people are or sell because other people are, because the price is falling or because the charts or some magical wave tells them to sell I kept buying on the way down and loaded XRO up at $12 and soon had 500% gains. A2M done the same thing the chartists said sell it went to $4.00 dollars ignoring fundamentals and inflexion point Alex said sell, I told people buy it is now up 400% and going strong.

Froxy and Mws like this.
  18. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

I bought at $3.33. If it dips any lower, I'm gonna buy more.

19. jchan86

jchan86 Well-Known Member

I bought my original batch at $0.60 but didn't top up with the Capital Raising last year at $1.60 in Sept-2018. Nevertheless, with the report and consolidation I was happy to top up at $3.48 and $3.34 with what I believe is a bit of a dip... and potentially oversold.

Volatility will remain until reporting season, however in the mid/long-term, I don't believe anything has fundamentally changed for Nearmap (e.g., Annualised Contract Value).

The Nearmap team achieved their expectations/forecast (although Mr. Market had probably priced in above-expectations performance).

The growth opportunity and pipeline forecast in both a maturing ANZ market and a growing North American market I understand is promising.

Froxy likes this.
  20. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

Apparently some advisors/brokers had baked in ridiculous expectations. I wonder if it was with an intention short it

geoffw likes this.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.