QLD Near Enoggera barracks

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Samj, 27th Nov, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Samj

Samj Well-Known Member

Hi,

I am just wondering if any of you have any experience or ideas about living very closer to Enoggera barracks? What are the implications to civil life in near properties? There is a property right next to the barracks and we can see that area is pretty busy in day time (don't know about night time). Surprisingly, somebody who lives near by said they have been robbed a few times in that area. But that's the only bad comment I have heard so far. So I thought to find out more before come to a conclusion. Basically what I want to know if there are any known issues or concerns in that area?

Thanks,
    Sam

2. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

our last ppor was in a street backing onto the barracks. The barracks didn't bother us one bit.. the army occasionally has training with live/fake bullets, helicopters, marching band training, etc. but they're all in respectable hours and barely audible.
    To say the area is unsafe is very wrong.. Ashgrove, Enoggera, Gaythorne are very safe suburbs and a robber is looking for trouble by breaking into a house which has a high chance of a digger living there.
    We loved the area!

3. Samj

Samj Well-Known Member

Great to hear that! Thank you.

4. Matt E

Matt E Active Member

Hi Sam,

Have a look at the crime stats here - Crime Map They'll give you a more realistic view of what happens on the ground, as opposed to listening to personal experiences with the area you're looking at.

Cheers
    Matt

5. Samj

Samj Well-Known Member

Hi Matt,

That's very helpful. I didn't know that there is such a map.

I have entered 1 Norman tce, Enoggera. There has been a few incidents. But apparently only a few years ago, nothing recently. Looks like area is getting better?

Thanks,
    Sam

Last edited: 27th Nov, 2017
  6. ndpjai

ndpjai Well-Known Member

My friend lives in Mitchelton near library, on the other end of barracks, no complaints, happy chappy for more than 10 years FYI.

7. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Nice area and there's no real noise issues with the Barracks.