Health & Family Near death of my newest tenant

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Rockstar, 9th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Rockstar

Rockstar Well-Known Member

How's this for a story.
    My new tenant moved in a bit over a week ago - working lady 5 days per wk. Anyway I had decided to paint the house and turned up to check in on the painters around early afternoon to find her car parked outside.
    Anyway, I called out to her to ask her if we could leave an external door open to paint (and dry). Out she comes looking quite normal and tells me why she was home.
    She went for some antibiotic injection at the hospital at lunchtime (didn't ask the reason) after which she hopped into her car and drove back to work. About 1 minute after driving off she suddenly felt strange and began coughing from restricted breathing. She thinks 'something is not right here' so chucks a u-turn and heads back to hospital her condition worsening. Managing to park she somehow just makes it to an ambulance parked outside the hospital, bashes on the door hoping someone is in there and collapses unconscious. Next thing she wakes up on a table surrounded by about 6 people who obviously just saved her life.

Fortunately she headed for the right shop with an epipen! Imagine what could have happened to her and, potentially, another motorist or pedestrian if she had lost consciousness in the car.
    Amazing how sudden and severe the reaction and, also, how quick the recovery!

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Any excuseto break the lease ;)

TMNT, datto and Tim86 like this.
  3. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

Tenants say the darndest things don't they.

4. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Maybe a very bad reaction to something in the injection? Anyway, glad she's alright!

5. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Maybe she just fainted due to a lack of blood pressure.

This happened to me as a teenager as was advised to put my head between my legs to allow more blood to reach the brain.

willair likes this.
  6. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

I'm glad there is a happy ending to this and that the lady is now ok.

7. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

Don't get paranoid when I went to visit you and chech out your developments, broke my leg at Bruns, nearly died. :)

8. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

She should get tips from my tenants

They think "becauase i dont want to live there anymore" is a valid excuse for lease termination

9. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

The fragility of life.

I have several patients this weekend who lost their loved ones.

We had 15 car accident patients admitted on Saturday alone. I didn't get called overnight, but may well face the same thing this morning.

samiam and Scott No Mates like this.
  10. Sonamic

Sonamic Well-Known Member

I had a tenant hang himself in one of mine. His partner came home just before his flame went out and cut him down and performed CPR until the Ambo arrived. His parents turned off life support 10 days later. She moved out, obviously, because he was the sole breadwinner on 200k 2 minutes from home. Young couple first time renting. Sad.

11. Rockstar

Wow Bran, are you a doctor or a nurse? I have a friend who works in ICU. Noble and amazing job you guys do for accident victims.

12. Rockstar

Is that you L? Name change from the SS days? I never did get to pay you back for that kindness you showed by sending me the educational material. :) Pity about the leg.:oops:
    I'm still here if you ever want to invest into the area. Just don't go near that sand dune again!:eek:

Hope you are well now.:) RS

13. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

I've nearly died twice.

One time I nearly drowned at the beach. But right when I started going under and things were getting blurry I randomly found a sand bar way out in the water to stand on and keep my head above water until the surf life savers could come and get me.

Another time at the rail yard after a night shift a forklift driver (one of the massive shipping container unloaders) made a hard right and I just barely looked up in enough time to see that I had to jump out from under it's wheels, was probably 1/4 of a second away from getting flattened.

Bran likes this.
  14. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

Yes, it's me with a new name. I'm well thanks. I hope the educational material was useful. I think I'll probably end up purchasing coastal WA but thanks for the offer.

15. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

Hey Bran. I can't click Like to this post but I hope you wake up every day and look in the mirror and feel that you are in the upper echelons of those who contribute to society.

samiam likes this.
  16. lightbulbmoment

lightbulbmoment Well-Known Member

Fifo worker?

17. Sonamic

Sonamic Well-Known Member

No. Government construction contractor. My property was located 2 minutes from his job (massive government infrastructure project with minimum 2 years of contract work), hence them taking the house due to it's proximity. The 2 kids were hers from a previous relationship. I didn't ask too many questions. Just released her from the remaining 9 months of their Lease on Compassionate Grounds. As you would. Poor thing had just lost her partner.

Cost me a bit in vacancy, and only Death is covered by Landlord Insurance, not suicide. I didn't bother making a Claim anyway. She's doing ok now and replacement tenants have been there coming up on 2 years now.

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice