NBN Cabinet in front of house

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by New Town, 22nd May, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. New Town

New Town Well-Known Member

Have been notified that I'm going to be blessed with a monster NBN cabinet directly in front of my terrace house. I usually bag nimbies, but I've quickly become one. Has anyone successfully challenged the position of the cabinet placement? PM's welcome.

Thanks

2. John_S

John_S Mortgage Broker

Think of the speed!

Do you know if it is Fibre to the node? Might increase your property value if you can boast having the best internet speeds in the street :)

Propertunity likes this.
  3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

If the NBN has issued you with a LIFD then you can object otherwise your objection may just be as a neighbour.

Have a quick read of schedule 3 low impact determinations in the Telco act.

New Town and Stoffo like this.
  4. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Good luck. Cabinets are typically sighted near an existing pit and near a copper wire pillar if possible depending on the cabinet type (node eg) Most cabinets are on council land (footpath) so good luck with getting a notification and objecting. Only council can object to a footpath location but NBN claim to let affected residents also know but its a courtesy.

5. TSK

TSK Well-Known Member

Pretty much the only reason for the box....isn't a big thing in Brisbane to get cabinets painted by local artist. See if the NBN via BCC will allow it.

6. Paul@PAS

Installation of NBN nodes | ACMA

Its not permitted to paint NBN hardware. Telstra have had this issue for donkeys years and they cant authorise it as it would breach the standards that say it must be low impact. Hence pale green was adopted long ago when data first caused Cmux and other cabinets to be installed.

7. New Town

New Town Well-Known Member

I'm surprised at the bulk of the cabinets - its such low tech - if that's conceivable

8. Paul@PAS

Not really. Each cabinet costs $250k for hardware and installation. High tech gear from Alcatel Lucent who were bought out by the former mobile handset giant Nokia. Each is a massive computer

9. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

10. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

upload_2018-5-23_22-17-59.png

The box circled is the Aust Post storage not NBN (there's a smaller pillar behind again, it's not NBN)

Attached Files: