Nathan Birch's extremely stressed in latest video

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Pete Arendt, 10th Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

everyone goes on tilt.. just not on camera.. and even if it is a camera, not a self recorded or voluntary.. unless if your phil hellmuth..

2. DrunkSailor

DrunkSailor Well-Known Member

I can't find any articles on Sydney being a "buyers market", any reason why the media isn't reporting on it?

dabbler likes this.
  3. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

4. Phar Lap

Phar Lap Well-Known Member

In one word......Unhinged.

Ed Barton likes this.
  5. Jake Milne

Jake Milne Well-Known Member

Sarcasm aside; the media is the last place I'd be looking to get sound investment advice...
    I think Sydney will be worth looking at again in 2020 - 2022.

Sackie likes this.
  6. Fox

Fox Member

Hi Jake,

What was your conclusion about the unit market in Melbourne using your algorithm? are you guys leaning towards that particular market now?

Last edited by a moderator: 15th Feb, 2018
  7. Jake Milne

We had a deeper look and created some heat maps around the main activity areas and we found there was no conclusive pattern emerging. The prognosis for units as a whole is that they'll be at risk of retracement in 2018 (due to high-density new stock primarily). That being said Balaclava in the South East right now is a definite hot spot along with a small cluster of Northern suburbs too.

Last edited by a moderator: 15th Feb, 2018
    Fox likes this.
  8. Joseph Attia

Joseph Attia Member

It's interesting that you bring this up because I follow a few property buyers advocates on youtube and some on itunes podcast and one thing that I am currently noticing is that they all seem to be discussing things like "mindset," "avoiding negative people," or "rich habits."
    To me its not hard to read in-between the lines when buyers agents are experiencing a reduction in enquires it's usually because of changing economic times and thus they pull out the bull **** sentimental videos which encourage gullible people to be positive it market downturns.

JDP1 and Jake Milne like this.
  9. Jake Milne

Agree with this. With mainstream media (who write commentary about Sydney like it's Australia's entire property market) flicking the BOOM headlines to DOOM headlines it's no wonder that B.A's, mortgage brokers and off the plan sales companies are talking about "mindset".

If only the general population understood that each city, (even though affected by country-wide factors), marches to its own beat...

10. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

And maybe you guys are all overthinking it.

Maybe Nathan was frazzled because that morning someone ran over his favourite football.

The number of takes/splices in the video seem to indicate something else is going on.

Maybe, subsequently he had a flat tire on his GTR, as he was late for a meeting with his marketing guy, and his local tire place was out of stock of P-Zeros, so he missed the meeting, and the marketing guy just uploaded NBDraftVideo.mpg , as he had other stuff to get on with.

Maybe the marketing guy was also Barnaby Joyce's bad news deflection guy, so his plate was a bit full with other awkward stuff, that needed a Skycrane to deal with, as opposed to a hose.

Anyway, it seems like it all went pear-shaped for everyone involved, but you get that, every now and again....

Jake Milne likes this.
  11. Jake Milne

I don't read anything into the takes. That's normal YouTube editing to make videos shorter and punchier.

Ross 355 and Ted Varrick like this.
  12. Ted Varrick

And Punchy would be a good description of his video...

13. Rozz

Rozz Well-Known Member

Nathan - combine your f-bombs with hi-viz workwear and a "win a jet-ski" promotion.

I can hear Coomera, Pac Pines and Pimpama residents salivating

val likes this.
  14. Harry30

Harry30 Well-Known Member

This is my first post on this forum. Overall, I find the comments very useful and informative.

Regarding Nathan’s business model, I am woundering what is likely to put the squeeze on things and if not corrected, eventually push him to the wall. I suspect most of this loans are IO and he has been hit by interest rate rise (as banks factor the arguably higher risk of IO borrowers). Added to that is that he does not have the capacity to go onto P&I to take advantage of lower rates (lower than IO). As the IO period expires, banks are refusing to allow him to extend the IO period, further squeezing cash flows. A lot of this is manageable with a stable income and large cash buffers, however his business would have suffered with the change in the investor and financing climate. To addrsss this, the last resort is to sell property while the market is still holding up (while the market has perhaps stopped growing, prices are reasonably stable in most areas, and he should be able to get sales away). If income is going down, he will need to also reduce the size of the business and let staff go, otherwise the income not only disappears but you start losing money with a fixed wage bill. Anyway, all this will combines to put his operation under real pressure, unless he pivots and adjusts quickly to the changed market conditions. You can have all the equity in the world, but unless you can pay your debts as and when they fall due, then it is a bit academic. Anyway, interested in the thoughts of others.

WattleIdo likes this.
  15. Air_Bender

Air_Bender Well-Known Member

He's back at it again and it's even worse this time. 1 minute in and I'm already cringing. :confused:

highlighter likes this.
  16. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

"A lot of people don't look at the figures." NB does - like you can buy a place for $400k in 2009 and it will be worth $1.2m now. He can't spell bottom. I've checked down the bottom of the garden and they're aren't any leprechauns.

Is he on the roids or off them?

17. Ted Varrick

Did they edit the bit out where he pulls out a guitar and starts doing Rodney Rude impersonations?

I'm not sure why down-market has been selected as a goal.

18. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I suffered and listened to it. He's full of crap and extremely misleading .

19. Tonibell

Tonibell Well-Known Member

As a story about the past 10 years - it is reasonably accurate.

That is just a summary of the everyman Sydney story - Different Numbers but I reckons it captures a lot of people on here, including you and me.

20. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Nah he talks (to newbies) about pulling out equity like there's no tomorrow and makes it sound like its a walk in the park, There is no mention of serviceability, risks etc. Just a marketing speech with big numbers making it sounds like ABC that newbies or anyone can do right now.

Too misleading for my liking.

Ace in the Hole likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.