VIC Narre Warren thoughts on purchased property

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by Gu42, 12th Feb, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Gu42

Gu42 Active Member

My offer was accepted on a Narre Warren property, what are your thoughts on Narre Warren?

Last edited by a moderator: 13th Oct, 2021
  2. Pev

Pev Member

Depends. What are your intentions with it? PPOR, rent out, or subdivide and build units on? What is the distance from the train station and Westfield, which would make it attractive to renters. Just not sure about its proximity to the train line though - how loud is it when trains go past?

Last edited by a moderator: 13th Oct, 2021
  3. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

NEVER ask for an opinion after you have bought! :D

The Y-man

Joynz likes this.
  4. Pev

Pev Member

Words to live by. I’d be interested in your opinion regardless Y-man as I have been looking in that area myself! Namely for a plan to subdivide, build townhouses then either sell or rent (which would also afford 50% CGT less)

5. Gu42

Gu42 Active Member

This took a while to get a reply. It settled in march just as the first covid lockdown started, luckily we got it rented out and haven't heard from the tenant since so its all going well.

You cant hear the train from the house, I'm happy with the purchase I'm glad we bought it when we did otherwise all this covid stuff probably would have stopped us looking for our first investment property.

The plan is to rent it out for a few years then subdivide and build later on.

6. Pev

Pev Member

Would be able to fit 2 good sized town houses on your block. What was the level of interest like from renters when you put it up for rent if you don't mind me asking?

7. Gu42

Gu42 Active Member

We had 8 applicants from memory, it was good considering every thing that was happening with covid.