My visit to the letterbox

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by beachgurl, 9th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

I was picking up my mail today and saw a handwritten envelope and instantly I felt excited that I could be invited to an occasion. I opened the pretty card inside, intrigued as to what the occasion was, to find it was a request from a neighbour to call them. Turns out it was a complaint about my builders and her tenant threatening to leave because of it.

Our call turned out fine but I was surprised at the method of delivery. I'll now take note to send pretty cards to people I have major complaints with.

Investpro and EN710 like this.
  2. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

3. House

House Well-Known Member

How did you help prevent the tenant leaving given the builders would have to finish the job?

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Disturbance caused by adjoining construction works isn't a valid reason for the termination of the lease under quiet enjoyment.

5. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

Their main gripe was not having a dividing fence as the builders tore down the original fence and didnt put a temp fence up. Hopefully I can get a fencing guy out there in the next week or two to sort a new one out.

6. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

We left our two weimaraners outside for 1 night only when we went away on our anniversary (they usually sleep in the laundry).

We came home on the Sunday to find a note in our door that the male had barked all night and that we needed to "fix the problem".
    I'm like it was 1 night only - what do you want me to do, hit him over the head with a shovel?
    Needless to say we have never left the dogs alone for a night ever again.

7. CJS

CJS Well-Known Member

I once had a neighbour's dog bark all night. That one night felt like 100 years.