My soul has a hat

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by GentleChief, 13th Jul, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. GentleChief

GentleChief Well-Known Member

Read this on a lifestyle forum discussion...

MY SOUL HAS A HAT
    I counted my years and realized that I have less time to live by, than I have lived so far.
    I feel like a child who won a pack of candies: at first he ate them with pleasure but when he realized that there was little left, he began to taste them intensely.
    I have no time for endless meetings where the statutes, rules, procedures and internal regulations are discussed, knowing that nothing will be done.
    I no longer have the patience to stand absurd people who, despite their chronological age, have not grown up.
    My time is too short: I want the essence, my spirit is in a hurry. I do not have much candy in the package anymore.

I want to live next to humans, very realistic people who know how to laugh at their mistakes and who are not inflated by their own triumphs and who take responsibility for their actions. In this way, human dignity is defended and we live in truth and honesty.
    It is the essentials that make life useful.
    I want to surround myself with people who know how to touch the hearts of those whom hard strokes of life have learned to grow with sweet touches of the soul.

Yes, I'm in a hurry. I'm in a hurry to live with the intensity that only maturity can give.
    I do not intend to waste any of the remaining desserts. I am sure they will be exquisite, much more than those eaten so far.
    My goal is to reach the end satisfied and at peace with my loved ones and my conscience.
    We have two lives and the second begins when you realize you only have one.

Poem by Mario de Andrade (San Paolo 1893-1945) Poet, novelist, essayist, and a musicologist.
    One of the founders of Brazilian modernism.

pinewood, ellejay, Anne11 and 10 others like this.
  2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

At a careers advisor, I'd recommend that he doesn't seek a career at a mid/executive level public servant.

Angel, Anthony416 and inertia like this.
  3. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Read a great book last week called "Being Mortal" - about fulfillment towards the end of life. Great read

pinewood likes this.
  4. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

Very true.. I'm glad I realised a lot of that before the age of 30.

5. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

Old Mario would surely be surprised if he were to experience a modern Brazilian...