My Slacks Creek, Logan Granny Flat Build

Discussion in 'Granny Flats' started by Blueskies, 19th Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Should be big enough at 150+m2, have you got an overhead site plan?

2. Shawn

Shawn Well-Known Member

Below is an image of the space I'd be trying to fit the granny into. The garade you see in front of you is 6 x 6m on a block that has a 21m frontage so you have ~14m from it's wall to the fence line on the other side.

The front house has dual side access which is why I would not mind the garage staying.

3. Blueskies

Blueskies Well-Known Member

It would almost certainly be possible, just have to do the numbers to see if it stacks up. Also how would you separate the two dwellings? Think about privacy too for the granny flat, looks like the front house is a highset with stairs to a rear balcony, would be good to design it to minimise the feeling that the front house is looking down into the flat as much as possible.

4. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

I'm trying to piece together the bits of info you've sent through. It's almost certainly feasible, but the question will be how you configure and orient everything to best take advantage of the site. i.e. will it need to be configured as a battleaxe or can you take advantage of dual street frontage, can you turn it sideways to maximise privacy to the front house, is it practical to keep the garage, etc etc.

5. Tolga

Tolga New Member

hi, who did you use for the granny flat build? thank you

6. Blueskies

Blueskies Well-Known Member

Dixon

7. Matt.S.

Matt.S. New Member

Great thread. I have an existing IP a little further out than yours in Brisbane and was wondering about the viability of GF. Interesting read on your post about managing the front house rental and I am wondering how other people have handled the construction process and ultimate removal of space. I was thinking I would have to incorporate the planned GF build into the renewal of the main rental with an outline of the proposal..... but Im wondering how other people have handled this?