My property projects 2019

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by ellejay, 12th Dec, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Yep, many more vastly disadvantaged and disaster affected folks out there. We really have little to complain about.

Re the news in general, I don't watch the news whatsoever. I feel most of it is just garbage, headline grabbers. I honestly believe much of what is on the news is poisonous rubbish which keeps the herd, herded and in line. Haven't watched it at all in over 6 years now. Sometimes news updates will show inbetween tv shows, documentaries etc that I watch , I'll just zone out.

wylie and ellejay like this.
  2. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

I agree with you, don't watch it either but just hearing about the White Island tragedy updates stops me dwelling on my problems and snaps me back into gratitude.

wylie likes this.
  3. Pier1

Pier1 Well-Known Member

Great vision and execution
    Where do you head to research NZ property

4. Leeroy93

Leeroy93 Well-Known Member

I used to love the finance news channels, including sky news and the recently ended 'Your Money'. I find it helps to be aware of what's going on to keep an informed of what the masses are being exposed to. Similarly, years spent trawling Hotcopper during my share-trading days and Real Estate forums has enabled me to see through the dribble/marketing and assess media with hopefully a relatively unbiased (at least I hope so) and informed perspective. Case in point would be someone convincingly pitching an up and coming Biotech stock, of which I've seen a handful of successes amidst thousands of spectacular failures.

ellejay likes this.
  5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I understand what you mean. I just prefer to stay well away way from it all. I have made a massive effort over the years to protect my own mindset which has worked out for me. I don't think most people out there realize how they are being programmed and affected by what they see on the news, hear on the radio etc. As humans and the way we are wired, we are very susceptible to being influenced by all kinds of rubbish, even when we don't realize it.

6. Leeroy93

Leeroy93 Well-Known Member

Very true. I'd like to think my subjective reasoning improves over time, however we are all susceptible to be influenced despite our best intentions. The marketing algorithms/tech coming out will only make it harder in future. Some unintended influences can be positive though, especially when they inspire to take meaningful action that leads towards your goals - like reading quality forums :).

ellejay and Sackie like this.
  7. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Has the fires impacted on this project?
    Hope not
    Bateman Bay in crises at moment

Des and ellejay like this.
  8. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

We've been in NZ for the last couple of months and watching the fires with horror, like everyone else. Our build is in Long Beach, just outside Bateman's. We haven't contacted the builders yet so no idea of the impact on our build, they're still closed with the Christmas break and of course fires. We figure we'll wait until next week.

Funnily enough we've fallen in love with the Tasman area here in NZ and considering staying. The fires could be the deciding factor. Even if we can't sell our new build in Bateman's for a while after completion it looks like there'll be a demand for accommodation.

Last edited: 2nd Jan, 2020
    MTR likes this.