NSW My PPOR journey !!!

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Ideacrash, 3rd Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Ideacrash

Ideacrash Well-Known Member

The solicitor had to review the contract in 2 days. I did not get any response either when I tried to call them or on emails . I signed the contract on the 3rd morning. Get a call at 11am saying we have reviewed and no issues .

2. Ideacrash

Hi All,

Both CBA and ANZ are offering me very similiar home loan package , with very similar interest rates. Confused which bank to go with ? Any advise ?

3. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

I can't advise which lender to pick, but I can advise you to go and get a bunch of quotes for finishing costs (landscaping/fencing, curtains/blinds, floor coverings, painting, air conditioning etc).
    to make sure you have enough to cover all of your construction costs.

I got caught out, because even though I had enough in the approved loan, I couldn't draw-down for payment on some items because I didn't include a particular item upfront when I got the loan.
    E.g. my plantation shutters had to be paid for out of my pocket because I didn't give a quote 15 months earlier when I had the loan approved. Then about 6 months after I'd moved in, I get a call from the bank saying "what do you want to do with the undrawn portion of this loan??"
    I won't repeat what I told them because it probably violates half the posting rules on this forum..

Ideacrash likes this.
  4. Ideacrash

Also, I enquired with Bank of Queensland and their interest rate seem to be attractive. They are offering variable rate of around 3.79 and 3.99 fixed for 3 years.The overall fee structure seem to be good

Should i stick to big 4 or go with the lower interest rate from BOQ?

5. Ideacrash

Given the price is same , which one would you pic ?
    1) Hybrid frames
    or
    2)Timber frames