my not so great investment experience: Cheapie strategy

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by TMNT, 5th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

It would be complete waste of time for me to pull a tape measure :) :).

2. skater

skater Well-Known Member

You don't have an apendage? :eek::D:p

Sackie and kierank like this.
  3. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

I do but it is a bit like my property investment successes - nothing to skite about :).

4. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Well that's understandable. We can't all be successful robotics engineers/solutions architects/investor superstars, you know.

Sackie, ellejay and kierank like this.
  5. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

Never really followed him just off reads now and there some stuff just not add up. 78 direct reports to one person is def not logical. Even call centre have multiple TEam leaders. As for large companies - used to work for top 10 largest company worldwide in terms of assets with offices in Brazil all the way to Phillipines and Australia. Never saw a direct report structure of anyone more than 25. As for ppl not resigning also illogical circumstance changes all the time not necessarily the individual

buying 10 in Logan making 10% each ard 200-250k and was motza money? when single properties can make 500-600k and there are ppl structuring deals making 2-4 mil with a single sell and that is not even saying it is motza. Strange indeed though intriguing

skater likes this.
  6. ashish1137

ashish1137 Well-Known Member

Don't spoil the thread. It will get you more clicks and website ranking optimization through organic means. Almost all savvy investors are commenting on the thread. :p

It is like all the superheroes united against a super villain. :D

ellejay likes this.
  7. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Get a well paying job ! (I am off to have a cigar, do not mind me if I am busy for a bit).

skater and ellejay like this.
  8. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

MEME2017-08-22-08-01-25.jpg

9. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

10. melbournian

It does not make sense too when I read stuff like these. @sash @Greyghost Even the most in demand ips in the most demand areas will have some level of vacancies (even in London to Singapore will have at someone moving out and another person moving in later on) like someone might read it and think it is guaranteed rental at 5.5-6% and that's the danger - lots of ppl read stuff like this and take it as gospel making a purchase based on really hearsay not knowing if it is truth or not.

upload_2017-8-22_11-39-54.png

upload_2017-8-22_11-40-37.png

11. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

Oh boy melbournian, is this your 100th attempt to have a dig at Logan?

You do realize TMNT have a number properties in Logan, and did say they are performing better than he's other regional.

You do realize that eletronic_exp0430 has properties outside Logan...

so why all the hate?

eletronic_exp0430 likes this.
  12. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Retirerich :) im a poor example of a succesfull property investor :)

13. melbournian

no hate at all just calling out something that is not logical in my opinion on the no vacancies at all whether it is logan or London or some where else. it could mebourne Singapore or timbucktoo for all I care. Whether he has properties in logan or Sydney or Auckland has no relevance to anything. I don't follow the bloke and just off reads - I was reading responding to a post where @skater mentioned it was misleading information to newer members etc.

It is always good to hear 2 sides of story for the benefit of the community unless you can't handle the truth. This is not a network marketing session where everyone hypes up without discussing the pros and cons.

Starlite and ellejay like this.
  14. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

eehem..Did someone mention appendage.....

:D

kierank and skater like this.
  15. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

how successful you're with your property investing, I don't know. I only know you bought some development lots in Logan for low 200k.

but I know you're the most humble person on this forum that I know of and not afraid to bring up topics that other's find lose face...

that I respect.

Gladys, TMNT, Biz and 2 others like this.
  16. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

I think it's eminently difficult, nigh impossible to know if anyone is really BS-ing. When someone says no vacancy I don't personally read that to be 'no vacancy ever' but nothing more than the average 2-3 week vacancy when a tenant changeover happens. I don't really read into/analyse every word that someone posts.

I don't know eletronic_exp0430 from a bar of soap but I won't be throwing rocks unless I have proof he's telling fibs - which I'll never get. So innocent until proven guilty.

RetireRich101 and Luckycharm like this.
  17. Luckycharm

Luckycharm Well-Known Member

Hyperbole has been misinterpreted as fibs. Income...age...etc...I give people the benefit of the doubt and (dare I say it?) do my own research :)

18. skater

skater Well-Known Member

With vacancies, it can be difficult. We've one property that we've owned for 17 years. We had a tenant move in straight after settlement, and still have the same tenant. Someone could bang on about how that area has had zero vacancies.....and for me that would be correct.....but is that the truth? Possibly not.

melbournian likes this.
  19. melbournian

One can only go by what is plausible. Fair comment if you see it that way then yes. End of the day - If you have 2-3 weeks that's still rent money you are not earning. I had 1 properties that have "no vacancy" mainly cause one I rented it to the vendor and he kept on extending so at this point in time there is "no vacancy" from the settlement date. but if he moves out and I need to keep looking, there will be a period where I would not have rent. If there is no rent coming in - I would reasonably assume that it is considered vacant.

Say I had an ip which had 3 tenants interchanging with 1.5 months (no rent) each over 3 years. I had someone approach me to buy the IP and in our email conversations I said I did not have vacancies (always tenanted ) and the purchaser ask for these documentations - ledgers He finds gaps where rental is not received and says it's misrepresentation.

I never said it is BS it is just very highly unlikely a scenario could happen for 10+ Ips unless all have pre-existing tenants then had locked in for like 2-3 years. Then again he could be superinvestor landlord. and hats off to him if he is.

20. skater

skater Well-Known Member

No matter how good you are as a landlord, and how good your property is, and how stable your tenant is....at some point a tenant is likely to move out. Things change. New jobs, loss of jobs, change of climate, change in family etc. Not many people stay in the same property indefinitely, and the more IPs you have, the more turnover you have. If someone has one IP & says they have zero vacancy....like my above tenant, well yes, that can be believable. If someone says they have had zero vacancy over an extended time period & they've got double digits (in number of IPs) then that's less believable.

Big Will, TMNT and melbournian like this.