My meth house IP

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by sammmeee, 24th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Knock on a door, no answer, hear a child crying, walk in the door.
    Might find yourself in the need of a Lionel Hutz ;)

2. sammmeee

sammmeee Well-Known Member

give me a spell
    So what looked like an abandoned house from the outside. Tenants cannot be reached. No one answering the door, no cars in driveway and you hear a strange sound, maybe a baby crying from the door?

When I opened that door you could never imagine what this poor child looked like.

feel free to keep the smart a55 comments coming. I dont know why us landlords get such a bad rep for being cold and callous greedy people...or do I?

3. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

I've been denied access to a property before.
    Advice was that I could not enter the premises.
    Any emotive argument is immaterial.

4. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why you think its an emotive argument.

The circumstances as @sammmeee describes certainly gives rise to an arguable case that it was an emergency as per the s46 of the WA RTA. What was found inside also goes to support that argument too.

Whatever previous advice you had that you couldn't enter the premises was probably relating to a different set of facts, or possibly wrong advice. Typically most tenancy "advice" comes from people like court staff, well-intentioned police, or consumer protection workers - none of which are actually qualified to give legal advice on tenancy law issues.

5. WestOz

WestOz Well-Known Member

Yea I had Form 10 on my mind at the time of reply (what I was doing) as well as the little one and what may have happened after opening the door had some meth head been purposely hiding etc

6. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Of course, every situation is different.
    I know if police advised I couldn't enter a property and I went ahead and tried, I would probably get arrested.

7. rhinsor

rhinsor Well-Known Member

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia