Health & Family My low carb weight loss journal (LCHF)

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Simon Hampel, 5th Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

3 weeks in and doing well with a 2.8kg loss. I know it's a magic bullet for some but it's a slow and steady programme for me even with going hardcore 20gm of carbs.
    My 20gm of carbs is 3/4 used up on veggies. I love veggies and I want this to be about real food alternatives not using up my carbs on nutrition-less food. There is room for 2 squares of dark chocolate every few days if I want a sweet treat.

Kesse likes this.
  2. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

+1!
    For me 80% diet 20% exercise, otherwise I would need to exercise forever!
    Congratulations Simon. My lifestyle and diet or eating is based exactly on that, eating less carbs and junk and more quality food and quantity becomes somewhat irrelevant. Occasionally on weekends or special occasions having some naughty food or drink.
    Having the discipline and perseverance is the key though... to living a healthy life!
    It's like forming more of the 'good eating habits' rather than the 'bad eating habits'.
    I am wondering though... have you come off the medication now?

3. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

upload_2018-11-15_5-27-41.png
    20 grams

MWI and Westminster like this.
  4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Bump

@Simon Hampel
    Love to know how this is going, still on this?

I tried but failed. :(
    Found something else that worked for me

5. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    I've dropped 27KG since mid March. 5,000 steps before breakfast. 12-15,000 total per day. 6 meals and 3 snacks per day- all 100G of protein + some limited carbs per day from fruit and veg. You really have to be willing to do the 80-90 minutes on treadmill or spin bike though ....

Last edited: 15th Jun, 2020
    Kassy, Redwing, Biggbird and 4 others like this.
  6. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

Wow - incredible effort! My ISO diet/exercise was terrible, but for the last 3 weeks I've been getting back into running. This time I am being a bit more sensible though - usually I hit it hard, injure myself, and lay up for a while. I have worked up to 3 mornings a week doing a lap of the race course nearby (walk to and from, and 3km jogging around the racecourse). My pace is improving, so time to increase the distance a little, and work in some hills. Also need to start riding more on the off days - have a 100km mtb event in 6 weeks!!!!

My weight "loss" has been crap though. Up and down, but not even trending down. Alcohol consumption has dropped massively in the last few weeks, so that should start to have an impact. Still need to get rid of more carbs though.

Cheers,
    Inertia.

Kassy and Gockie like this.
  7. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Well done.

It seems that you will have to change your username now.

Gockie likes this.
  8. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

My weight loss has been crap too. But I've been running up and down the hill next to my home 1 month ago. This was after I realised I was finding riding up a hill on my unicycle unbelievably taxing on my cardio (that hill never posed a cardio challenge before).

Started off with 3 laps, then 4. Kept doing that. Then yesterday I did 11. Some short breaks between, but I'm happy I am able to do this and not die.

Been doing the odd free zoom pilates class (works some muscles you dont think about) and doing a daily very short morning stretch with work colleagues each morning.

My resting heartrate was about 59 before Covid. Was up to 67 before I started running. Now it's at 60.
    And jumping higher than ever on a unicycle. Learning loads of new unicycling skills. And who knew, riding without hands on a bike was really easy (with the right bike of course!)
    :)

inertia likes this.
  9. Gockie

Run hills with me... WPH must have some Hills...

10. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

OMG congrats that Is huge

geoffw likes this.
  11. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

If he had that much to lose, then it seems perhaps he was huge.

Well done @euro73.

Biggbird likes this.
  12. euro73

Spin video's are torturous enough, thanks very much :) That and 10-12 KM a day walking on a treadmill are about all this 47 year old wants to take on for now ;)

13. euro73

I was 133KG - having quit the Winfields a couple of years back.... 106KG today. I'll be below 100KG within a month, hopefully.

Last edited: 15th Jun, 2020
    Kassy, MikeyM, Biggbird and 3 others like this.
  14. Gockie

Ohhh... wanna walk around Carlingford? I want to try the Balaka Falls walk.

15. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I dont believe in exercise.... 80% is about what you eat.... I know slap kn the wrist with a feather duster

regardless well done worked for you

16. euro73

My back gate is Cumberland State Forest...literally. Pop by any time. You'll know my place... the border collie and cattle dog say hello to everyone who walks by :)

What about the other 20%? The diet is certainly the bigger contributor...but the exercise has all kinds of other benefits. Energy levels, flexibility, general fitness and well being. If you set your home gym up right...you get a Netflix episode out of the way as well.... Our body's were made to walk and move... I guess all of us could do with a reminder of that once in a while.

Redwing, Biggbird, MTR and 1 other person like this.
  17. euro73

Good job westmyfster

18. JasonC

JasonC Well-Known Member

I’m on a fitness campaign and have lost 5.2 kg in the last month. For me I tend to do plenty of exercise anyway, it’s all about controlling what I eat. I’ve been counting calories and doing max 2000 cal on weekdays and 2500 cal on weekends.

The real struggle I find is not losing weight - in great at a 3 month weight loss campaign - but then keeping it off. My weight graph over the past ten years is full of peaks and troughs - I need a way to find motivation to keep weight off once I lose it.

I’ve just signed for a wellness program (AIA Vitality program) through my life insurance which gives discounts/vouchers etc for healthy activities - am hoping that helps to provide some motivation long term.

Regards,

Jason

Kassy likes this.
  19. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Didn't know about that one, looks interesting.

Have you checked out Warraroon Reserve at Riverview? Saw an eel down there last time we were there. There's some great sneaky local bushwalks which are very accessible.

@euro73 - I'll keep my ears peeled to hear the dogs next time I'm up that way.

20. Gockie

I don't know about Warraroon reserve.

There's also Terry's creek right near me, and that has a little waterfall too.

Scott No Mates likes this.