My List of Property Books - Great For Those Starting Out!

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by C-mac, 6th Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

Wow some strong statements in the above! I guess I'll have to politely agree to disagree on some of your opinions above. Also and just to add, I know that Kiyosaki has gone a bit cuckoo in his elderly years; and yes he has been near-bankrupt previously. But current day Kiyosaki is an entrepreneurial success that the facts make it difficult to argue against. His diversified portfolio of assets across property, oil fields, precious metals, aged care facilities, and yes; his 'education' business of selling books and board games; to me make him a big success. His net-wealth is substantial. So, tear him down all you like but for me personally; understanding the basic concepts of his books (all which are pretty much the same thing: understanding the cashflow quadrant and how to move from liabilities to assets; from working for a business to becoming your own business); have been quite inspiring and valuable for me.

I can't respond on Chris Grey, Michael Yardney, Margaret Lomas as; although I've listened to them on podcasts; seen them over the years at shows; and read many articles by them in the magazines; I've not actually picked up their published books to read; so I can't comment on the strength or weakness of those.

Anyway, each their own I'd say. We all need to read more to discover and learn what views and ideas we both reject; and accept; as helpful or hindrance to our own investment and business journeys.

2. Cousinit

Cousinit Well-Known Member

I would endorse M Lomas for the average investor. Good sensible stuff.
    I don't agree that R Kiyosaki books are rubbish but they certainly seem targeted to an American market. You can learn a lot about a range of financial matters by reading them. Going bankrupt is not such a big deal over there.

3. Yodha

Yodha Member

Hi Sackie, what are the other two books in your top 3? Just curious to know as I find your posts quite informative :)

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Unlimited power, Anthony Robbins.
    The Power of purpose, Les Brown.

Cousinit likes this.
  5. Yodha

Yodha Member

Thanks Sackie. I have also taken a note of the list of other books that you have posted.

Sackie likes this.