My Latest Tenant Disaster!

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by TMNT, 29th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Alrrady got 5 in logan!

No more for me unless development sites pop up.

To be honest im tossing up between is it too late to get in or its the one of the better places in todays market type of mindset

I think smart ivnetors know when to buy. And idnetifying the good times to buy. And not buying for the sake of it

S.T and RetireRich101 like this.
  2. kristaje

kristaje Active Member

So sorry about your IPs, TMNT. The photos look awful! I can feel your pain. I hope you get reimbursed for the damages and get the properties running again soon.

3. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

LOL....what could go wrong there ???

Get ready for the plumbing bills my friend when some Loganbogan tries to flush car parts, nappies, crack pipe, or whatever else they should not be flushing.....ba ha ha ha

PS I just say a nice cruise to the south pacific for the cost of a sewer choke....will PM it to you !

4. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

Arha, so you're the guy I've been competing with on LCC dev sites..

TMNT likes this.
  5. aziebell

aziebell Member

What a disaster... I hope you or your agent was diligent enough to document these issues, kept the entry report from the start of the lease, and so on...

By the way, my website isn't designed to give tenants like the ones you are dealing with here, a free shot at good landlords and agents.

We instantly remove reviews that you can show are false, and work thoroughly with the various state fair trading departments, etc.

Every review you see active on the site are unresolved and many have been disputed only to have even the departments agree it should stay, and so they do.

I'm not impervious to the law so obviously need to operate within the law and that includes ensuring the terms of the website are upheld.

On the topic of a name & shame site for landlords and agents to expose tenants...

I think the odds are stacked against tenants as it is, but if you really think it's necessary & TICA isn't performing well enough for you... then perhaps it's time you petitioned to have defamation laws changed so that honest review that identifies an individual is not instantly classified libel/slander/defamation and can't just be endlessly mulled in court as an exercise simply to empty peoples pockets. If defamation laws were changed it may open that option up for you. I would also support a change to these laws as I think it's only fair an individual was named if they were horrid human beings... but remember, it works both ways.

6. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

haha, nah, mine were bought not for 2 years so its not me!

however I am all ears for good deals!

7. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

Ditto, My worst tenants was managed and had a 30 year rental history. My best tenant was a young single mother who agents wouldn't let too. That's why I self manage the best tenants are from overseas with no rental history, who PMs by pass ( or perhaps bias by landlords), even though some are very intelligent, the elite and cream of their profession, to qualify and be selected for their positions in Australia. Are prepared to pay a premium for specific facilities and locations, as they think 2 k is too far to travel to work. I just got a thankyou card from some tenants for replacing a stuffed oven, so now I wonder if they are going to ask for something else.

Perthguy likes this.
  8. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about this. We had a similar experience with a previous tenant in Ashmont. Hopefully it gets better for you soon.

9. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

If it makes you feel any better, my sister has a house in neighbouring Mt Austin.... she will probably try to sell it soon. There was a 2 month period of vacancy there and she and her husband completely missed the boom in Sydney.... I think her Mt Austin house will not have made any CG for the past 4 years.... (if she deducts expenses etc)

10. VB King

VB King Well-Known Member

No way?

11. mouseburger

mouseburger Well-Known Member

Wheelie bin - why does that not suprise me? What a bunch of lowlifes. Sorry to hear what's been happening to your IPs @TMNT. I hope things turn around for you soon.

12. xanh

xanh Active Member

How so?

13. Tranquilo

Tranquilo Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear this. What absolute scumbags

14. bythebay

bythebay Well-Known Member

terrible pictures to see and terrible story to hear, sympathies to you TMNT
    can your insurance cover any of this?

15. charlie01

charlie01 Well-Known Member

Did the PM find the tenants for you?

16. fullylucky

fullylucky Well-Known Member

Should have rented to korean family instead of bogans... rookie mistake.

17. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Man you're funny... do you think a Korean family would really want to rent where his property is?

18. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Well-Known Member

Democratic People's Republic of Australia
    Haha true. Asians are usually very selective of where they live and that includes renting.

19. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

They weren't bogans, they were low life trash.

20. fullylucky

fullylucky Well-Known Member

Korean family tenants are like a pizza. When they are good they are VERY good. When they are bad they are still pretty darn good... to be honest........... just saying

WattleIdo likes this.