My job just mandated the vaccine. I dont know what to do

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by HBK, 24th Aug, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

Objectively I would say out of the billions of various vaccine doses administered since day dot, I cant recall any long term side effects of these ................vs the benefit gained

Every one needs to make their own decisions as to what they feel compelled to do for their own reasons.

ta
    rolf

Tyla, The Y-man and Lizzie like this.
  2. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

15 million vaccine doses administered in Australia, 7 deaths arising directly from side effects.

974 deaths from Covid, 65 of these in the current Delta outbreak. 17,000 cases this year. And there are many common long term after effects of Covid. It's not just die or recover.

That's why I've chosen the vaccine.

thatbum, Tyla, Hetty and 5 others like this.
  3. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Try telling them that...tell them .....that looking at facebook..is a stupid. They reckon they need to have all the facts. Bloody idiots.

Some of these people are happy to smoke or snort illegal drugs with god knows what is in them..but a COVID vax is a big no no. Same as people taking illegal steroids...it makes you laugh.

It just shows how moronic people are. Just watch how frustrated emergency doctors in Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana doctors are....they know that there is ways to reduce sickness from COVID...but the dumb people in the state think the vaccines are worse. :rolleyes::p

It looks like Australians are bit smarter...I think we should mandate vaccines...just like taxes. Why should I have to wear the consequences of few COVIDIOTS.:p

Morgs, Tyla, Lizzie and 2 others like this.
  4. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Took less than 30 seconds to find on the good ol' interweb two articles on zero long-term effects of vaccines. Easy to find more.

How we know the COVID vaccine won't have long term side effects

How Do We Know the COVID-19 Vaccine Won’t Have Long-Term Side Effects?

So in the light of:

and articles allaying concerns over long-term effects of a vaccine,

why on earth is anyone still reluctant to make arrangements to be vaccinated (with either vaccine medical advice accepted) voluntarily.

Maybe taking a chance with Covid gives an adrenaline rush akin to free climbing the North face of the Eiger.

Tyla, Lizzie, Bunbury and 2 others like this.
  5. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Ole sayin you can't fix stupid. ;)

Scott No Mates likes this.
  6. SatayKing

No, no, no, er, possibly. Heck, man, we're already required complete a tax return. And to drive on the left. I want to drive on the right. Those wimps can just drive around me can't they? And why should I have to stop at red lights or pedestrian crossings? As for voting, pfft. Bugger it, if ever I have to go to Court some mongrel requires me to tell the truth and I didn't even elect the twit whose is in charge of the Court.

Just not on I say.

geoffw likes this.
  7. sash

sash Well-Known Member

LMAO. .....:D...what would be fair is for unvaccinated to pay an additional 1% medicare tax in preparation of them spending 2-4 weeks in hospital in case they get really sick.

Stoffo, wylie, Tyla and 1 other person like this.
  8. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Hey @sash you're still alive! So glad to know. I had my full doses. My teenagers will have theirs soon, I hope. I will die one day, sooner or later but hopefully with vaccine, I will live longer in the current environment. It's a contentious issue, I get it but no one is challenging the Commonwealth about taxes. Currently, there are constitutional arguments that the Commonwealth cannot mandate vaccines (that would be akin to conscription) but it doesn't stop the state from legislating the same. I am no constitutional law expert by the way.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Why should the healthy have to wear the consequences of those who choose to live in an unhealthy way? Good question, but it doesn't stop with vaccines.

Poor choices around our health, whether that's excessive drinking, smoking, eating, or some other vice affecting our health negatively, may not spread like a virus, but they are often passed to our children and they have many other negative impacts on society (even on top of the direct costs). Many choices people have made around their health are even exacerbating the effects of COVID.

Maybe we should mandate 1 hour of intensive exercise per day. Maybe we should have a mandated calorie intake. How do you draw the line between where someone should have the freedom to choose and when government should be used in an authoritarian way to dictate how someone cares for their health?

Danyool, KBHV, HBK and 1 other person like this.
  10. SatayKing

I've followed this aspect in the past but here is one opinion from November last year.

Can governments mandate a COVID vaccination?

No @MTR. I recognise the situation you are implying in that it mitigates the present restrictions on you. The aim of public health is to protect people not just specific groups and certainly not to cause undue detriment to them.

Joynz, Lizzie and sash like this.
  11. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

This is a property forum … no one here on PC is a medical expert :eek:

18 months down the track…… and would you believe even the so called experts can not agree. Why so much conflicting information.

Your choice, do what is best for you and your scenario. Weigh it up and see your gp

Last edited: 24th Aug, 2021
  12. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I am not in lockdown, not sure if this is what you are referring to.

From what I see system is broken, not sure who we are trying to protect??

13. SatayKing

That's nice. So no complaints then?

You're not looking in the right places.

Lizzie likes this.
  14. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Yep....agree...about peoples poor choices....but COVID is unpredictable...the Delta strain is even worse...it is cutting down healthy people as well. It really depends on your DNA....how well you react.

As for freedoms...well....if you read the law...there was always provisions under the Public Health act...some criminal...the authorities are now blowing the dust off these as it has been a while when it has been used.

We voted the politicians in to do what the majority want. They seem to be doing what the majority want....this is what democracy is all about...NOT a selfish minority bleating about their rights.

We are long ways from an authoritarian govt. What worries me is the people like Trump based COVIDIOTS being anarchists.

Last edited by a moderator: 10th Oct, 2021
    samiam likes this.
  15. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Its peachy, borders may open in 2023:confused:

16. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Yes Larry...I have survived the dreaded plague.... Astra has my back 90% of the time...so I like my odds.

If good ole Scotty from Marketing would provide some leadership we would have vaccines being able to legislated. There is already precedence in the courts where some people - i.e. aged care workers who did not get the flu vaccine. I reckon the premiers of WA, QLD, SA, VIC will mandate this within their states....unfortunately.... Gladys does not have backbone here in NSW...but don't worry plenty of employers will make it a condition of employment....;)...they will rewrite job descriptions to make them client facing or frontline.

Last edited by a moderator: 24th Aug, 2021
  17. HBK

HBK Well-Known Member

Im getting drilled on here. So has everyone thats commented been vaccinated then ?

18. Tyla

Tyla Well-Known Member

Mrs and I got both shots of Pfizer

19. Shazz@

Shazz@ Well-Known Member

Really unfortunate for you.. but this is sadly how it’s going to be out there in the real world as well.

PS- I am halfway to being vaccinated.

20. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Yep. Double doses, same with hubby, 18 year old is hanging out to qualify

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.