My First air bnb listing. Yarra Valley

Discussion in 'Airbnb & Short Term Letting' started by Craigman, 22nd Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Craigman

Craigman New Member

Hey Everyone.
    I have just listed my first air BnB property and would love some feedback on the listing, the price, photos etc. I'm planning to provide a pack including a bottle of local wine, cheese, chocolate, cereal, milk, juice, coffee and bread.
    Check the link here.
    http://abnb.me/EVmg/lsaNtLiLOE

Cheers. Craig.

2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Good luck with it!
    If you can get that nightly rate, great. Admittedly I haven't look into the details, I'm thinking probably offer the weeknights cheaper? $500 per night?

Also i'd try to have some sort of outdoor seating and dining option visible in the photos. It looks like a lovely area and I'd want the home set up with furniture to sit outside and enjoy the view. :)

3. purplecat

purplecat Well-Known Member

Add some photos with the actual views from the house/balcony?

I might also want to know the no of bedrooms/bathrooms/space in each level...and no hair dryer?

4. Airhosta

Airhosta New Member

I think it looks great :) Couple of small things that might be worth thinking about:
    • Purplecat is right, hairdryer is a very minimal investment but is highly appreciated by guests (Airbnb co-founder Nathan Blecharczyk is quoted as saying you can make on average $10 more a night just from having a hairdryer!)
    • You could make better use of the photo captions. Of course not everyone will read them, but why waste the opportunity? Use them to highlight features in the photos or describe what guests could do in that area. "Cosy up by the fire with a glass of red" or "the balcony view is spectacular at sunset" or whatever, just helps to paint the picture.
    • From reading it I didn't get a very clear impression of the location. For example, how long would I have to drive to access the wineries and restaurants you mention?
    That's all that sprung to mind :) Best of luck, looks like a really cool place and definitely a winner with large groups.

5. is_don_is_good

is_don_is_good Well-Known Member

How much did the project cost you if you don't mind me asking? I've always had an interest in the shipping container developments.

6. ATANG

ATANG Well-Known Member

Nice.

Could have done the photos a lot better with a better camera. The settings and qualities are there, just need to be presented better.

7. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

Beautifully done!

8. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Nice place!

I'd fork out some cash for some pro photos - you'll make the money back with your first booking.

Cheers

Jamie

MaddyG likes this.
  9. Craigman

Craigman New Member

Thanks to all for the feedback.
    1: Number 1 most important! 3x hair dryers purchased! (i have a number 2 haircut, so i never thought so much about wet hair)
    2: Bookings at the current price are going well, 3/4 weekends booked in October, 4/4 weekends booked in November, 3/5 Weekends booked in December. Have bookings each month until April next year and so far very humbled with all the amazing comments from guests!
    3: Outdoor Seating, very good point. I'll have to save up to buy some nice furniture, this is a must for the deck and the outlook over the trees opposite.
    4:Captions, this is new to me, i'll have a look at adding some descriptions tonight. (i hope Airhosta does not mind if I borrow these descriptions, "Cosy up by the fire with a glass of red" or "the balcony view is spectacular at sunset" )
    5: Distance from town, only 10 minutes to Healesville town center and local winery Tarrawarra. I'll add this to the description.
    6: Cost, many years, blood sweat and tears. $$$ spent does not reflect the true cost of the build because of the amount of my own labour put into the project. For further info for those interested visit odpod.com.au to see construction photos.
    7: Photos, really good point, this was overlooked a little. I borrowed an expensive camera from a friend and it turns out that my skill of pointing and clicking does not match a professional photographer. Between groups i'll work something out when the place is looking clean and tidy.

Thanks again to all for the input of ideas.
    Any more feedback is appreciated.

Cheers
    Craig

10. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Very good!
    I still reckon for your property apply mid week discounts, to help fill the quiet times! You dont need it for the weekends though :)

11. Lars

Lars Member

Your listing looks great already! Two things that you might want to change tho:

I notice that some of the pictures are a bit dark, you might want to consider taking these again.

I think personally you can make the description a bit more detailed. But you don't want to make it too long of course.

Cheers,