My final resting place!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Bonza, 14th Jun, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Bonza

Bonza New Member

G’day, My wife and I are about to go on pension and are looking to buy a rural property here in Vic.
    I have bought and renovated a couple of units myself over the last couple of years but never bought
    a block without any facilities at all. Hopefully, there is someone out there that can help with some rough estimates on getting the basics up and running, and what to look out for.

2. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

To do what??

3. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

You mean no power, no town water, etc.?
    Cots will largely depend on location of power now - how far to extend to your property. Town water the same, unless you plan to dig a bore or have rain water collected off your roof. Too many variables to give costings.

4. turk

turk Well-Known Member

Basics not needed and excellent views.:D

[​IMG]

The Falcon likes this.
  5. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

So you're going to need electricity, fresh water, sewage disposal, telecoms. Cost... Depends.

Stuff to look out for..
    Building envelope, block access/driveway, site drainage, dam potential, ground water/bore potential, mobile phone coverage, is there access to grid power, phone lines?

I reckon somewhere between $20k-$50k.

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF