House & Home My daily Work day plan

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Gockie, 3rd Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

This would fit in all of the work, house and home and health and sport and fitness tags.

Anyway, I've been WFH for 5 weeks now as I had ankle surgery (sustained from a bad dismount from a high unicycle). I think I've put on 2.5kg of weight due to WFH. I think I was raiding the pantry and fridge way too much out of boredom.

So the day is not same-same and depressing and I don't comfort eat (this could go on for months), I've got this plan for me. It's a mix of activity, I've got things to look forward to and it really helps so I don't end up simply looking for things to eat out of boredom. l will still be productive at work and i'll end up with a cleaner house. (Which makes me happy) :) So I think it's a win-win-win.
    Additional ideas welcome.

Btw, if I was working in the office, normally I would unicycle to the station 10 minutes each way (cardio), plus additional walking.
    Then I would go walk to people's desk (frequently) and go for a walk at lunch.

My normal weekly activities include Sunday nights I would have women's comp volleyball (social event, fitness and fun), Monday nights I'd usually be doing an hour of aerial tissue (strength, stretching and social) and Friday nights I always try to go to Unicycling meetup (fitness, mental and social). Weekends I may do some riding (bike or unicycle) or go canyoning or help with the theatre set building etc.

Morning - shower then breakfast.
    Start up computer and work.
    Mid morning break - 10-15 minutes cleaning/decluttering. Gets me moving.
    Lunch - lunch plus unicycling practice (weather permitting). Or walk (when my ankle is better!) or do any errand. If cooking lunch, also pack dishes/clean kitchen. Note: right now (this stage of surgery recovery), bike riding is way better than walking.
    Mid afternoon - Another cleaning blitz, 10-15 minutes. Gets me moving.
    Immediately after work - chinups, pushups and stretching. (Ok, I haven't done the pushups as yet). I realise I haven't really stretched since February, I think I've lost a lot of flexibility.

(I think I need to add something to raise my heart rate, so maybe that needs to be part of the lunchtime plan.)

After that - free time!!

Last edited: 3rd Apr, 2020
  2. Gockie

Today I de-cobwebbed. So happy!!!

3. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Then you won't spend as much time caught up in the web.

Gockie likes this.
  4. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Challenge yourself to clean out all the unwanted items in your pantry.

The Smith's Crisps should be the first to go followed by Cadbury's Hazel Nut.

Lizzie likes this.
  5. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

When you say clean out do you mean go and eat it all now so there is none left hence no temptation from here on? :D

6. Gockie

I’d end up buying more.... so, better to let them sit there.

There’s a lot of other unwanted items though.... like I have some old pickle relish that I’ve been afraid to open.

7. Gockie

Today's cleaning focus: Decluttering.

Btw. I tried to balance on my left foot for 30 seconds last night while brushing my teeth, felt my calf muscles needed to fight hard to do it and I needed to put my right foot down twice in that 30 seconds. Right foot was really easy in comparison.
    So I'll hopefully be able to see improvement.

Also I did 19 situps and 20 Girl pushups. Hopefully these numbers will increase over time.

8. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Wow! push ups on your toes already - well done.

9. Gockie

"Girl" pushups... ie. On knees. Prior to my injury I would easily do 10 consecutive normal full length pushups without issue.

I'm still missing some ankle dorsiflexion causing some issues walking down stairs, and I tried operating a manual car on the weekend (we don't have an auto) and found the pushing of the clutch hard. So I didn't drive it.

Today is my first official "no moon boot" day, but to be honest recently I've mostly not worn it. :)

Last edited: 7th Apr, 2020
  10. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Oh, I see. At my gyms (25 years in different ones) they have always just been called push ups - and people do them on toes or knees (or one toe!) depending on fitness, injury etc.

I’ve never heard them called ‘girl push ups’. Maybe it’s a Sydney thing?

11. Gockie

Maybe stems from high schools. Might be considered politically incorrect naming too though.

Last edited: 7th Apr, 2020
  12. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Invented by a shaming impersonal trainer "guys, guys, guys...i don't want to see any of those girl push-ups". :p

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.